Old 02-12-2013   #21

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
I think that was Jethro Tull......maybe some Leaf kids

caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013   #22
gh

pnw, Washington
Lets keep this one constructive and not start with the name calling again. We all make mistakes. Lets move on.

Old 02-12-2013   #23
gh

pnw, Washington
One thing I would like to add, sometimes we take action due to the tone of a thread. If you do this for a while, you start to be able to anticipate a threads death spiral and the thread in question had all the signs of augering into the cellar. You can usually get a good pulse of that as a moderator if more than one post has been noted and reported by us or others and the mod's discussion goes multi-page.
Old 02-12-2013   #24
swimming

Your Moms Pants, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1991
3 things:

Moderation is for fascists.

Rafters are and always will be pussies.

IdahoFloater is MB douchebag supreme #1. Just ignore him.

That is all
Porker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013   #25

Edmond, Oklahoma
Paddling Since: 1988
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porker View Post
3 things:

That is all
i hear what your sayin porker, but have you run little white? i have seen it from a kayak and under no circustances would charge it in a raft. the r2 crews are charging it. steep! pussies, hardly!
robfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013   #26

Park City, Utah
Paddling Since: 1985
It was a kayaking site where kayakers interacted

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom View Post
Well said Evan. The buzz was a much better place long ago.
Hadn't been here in a while. I agree with a comment Red Nek made a while back about the Eddy hurting this place. People with divergent views could all come here and talk about boating and you probably would meet each other on the river, or you already knew each other. Evan wouldn't know me from Adam, but I remember the time a punk kid helped an old man learn to cartwheel while borrowing my hand paddles.

Now people come here and spout politics and it has created some people I really wouldn't want to meet on the river. They probably would be great folks, but damn the level of confrontation is pretty personal. I have probably been a part of the problem on occaision.

There have been some damn funny people here, (Chunder, The army guy that was in Iraq, Hobie back when he was riding his bike down the coast, the rainbow people threads, etc...) Maybe it's my perspective, but the west slope front range thing was always fun and funny. It went to far one time when a few kids lost their sponsorship, but even then we all knew they were good kids that just did something stupid in public here. It was never real personal and the need for censorship never existed. Times change and this site has a bit as well. It still is a cool place to read about some rivers and keep up on river hazards.

Finally, I think the current trends in the industry have changed things a bit. Every week there are more people pushing rubber and more quesstions about rigging and toilets while real boaters (kayakers) take up less and less of the space on this site. It really takes a differnt sort of person to drive a school bus then to drive a sports car. (See what I did there!)

Peace out.
Old 02-12-2013   #27

., ...
Paddling Since: 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porker View Post
3 things:

That is all

It doesn´t take long does it gh, before someone like this dude lowers himself to the same level as the people he is calling out. In my eyes pork, you are describing yourself here.
Pro Leisure is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013   #28

., ...
Paddling Since: 2010
You know, I´ve not been on this site but a couple years. But I swear it was called Mountainbuzz.com not Kayakbuzz.com...

However you choose to float, pushing rubber/SUP/kayak/tubing, what difference does it make, really
Pro Leisure is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013   #29

Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
For my part I want to apologize to anyone who feels I have "over moderated" them. I think from this point on I will let most things slide and only remove posts that are racist, sexist or disclose personal information about members (again, I did not change anything on the wager thread, but I understand why it was done). Even if someone reports them.

In addition I would like to apologize for having a negative attitude towards the project on the original thread. It doesn't matter what river they are trying to protect, they all deserve protection..... I think my frustration came from the fact that we currently have a battle brewing over recreational flows on the Arkansas, and it's looking like it's going to be a headache at the least...

Also, I would look forward to the opportunity to meet everyone of you on the river. I do not feel like this kind of negativity is present when boating.... and would especially like the opportunity to kayak with those of you who want to talk so badly about us moderators.

I am doing my best, that's all I can do.
Old 02-12-2013   #30

Edmond, Oklahoma
Paddling Since: 1988
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodTimes View Post
Agree with Evan 100%. I was following that thread closely. What's up?

I understand the buzz now has a membership and following much larger than ever...which brings along with it a bunch of whiny biznitches that get their feelings hurt often....but censoring some of the people that made the buzz what it is (er...was)???

I've been on the buzz well over a decade as well...since my days in ftcollins (just didn't get a name for a few years because i saw no reason to post...i came for the entertainment).

I don't understand what the big deal is...those that bitch and whine and moan and complain should leave...please keep all posts as written so they can be weeded out.
perfect jeb!

robfather is offline   Reply With Quote