Old 06-13-2007   #1

Littleton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
suggestions: gear review page, safety alerts

I assume it would involve more than a little development work, but any chance a gear review page could be added? I'm basically referring to the gear review page on mountainbikereview.com, where you can sort by manufacturer and drill down by # or reviews, rating, etc. for whatever you're looking at. I don't know if other people use it or like it, but I find it really useful, and I think there are enough opinionated people on the 'buzz to really make it work, and I think it would be a great resource to have reviews of boats, pfd's, paddles, helmets, nose plugs, skirts, dry bags, float bags, dry tops, gloves, ear plugs, whatever, to refer to.

edit--I was just thinking that this may have already been done on some other site--if this has already been done, just let me know

another idea I was thinking of is to have the safety alerts show up somewhat more prominantly when you first open up the buzz--I know all recent posts show up in the recent threads box, but I thought it might be a good idea for them to maybe be displayed by themselves in their own box--I was also thinking a scrolling ticker a la CNN or FNN, but that might be a bit tooo busy.

anyway, just a couple ideas I had...

Jay
Jay H is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off