Old 07-19-2007   #11
JBL

Gnarnia, Colorado
Can we at least have a link under “quick links” from the homepage (or any page for that matter) to the eddy so we don't have to first go to forum listings then to the eddy? That's a hassle for sure.

All it would add is one more link under "quick links". Seems easy enough and won't clutter the homepage. I personally could care less if new threads in the eddy are visible from the home page. But it certainly would be nice to be able to link there quickly.

JBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007   #12
gh

pnw, Washington
I guess I dont know how you guys come into the site. I click on the forums tab everytime but I have to check more of the posts than you do. Are you just looking for a quick reference to see if anyone has posted back but dont want to go to the forums tab?

Old 07-19-2007   #13

Summit, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Send a message via AIM to COUNT
Seems to me that adding a link to The Eddy in the Buzz Forums section under Quicklinks is a good idea. I'll see what we can do.

Man, it's lucky you had your helmet on, Booth, those banisters can be killer.

D
Old 07-19-2007   #14
JBL

Gnarnia, Colorado
Admin - thanks for taking our request seriously. As for how I access the site, I have bookmarked the boater forum and go there first every time I visit the buzz. Then, as necessary, I flip through the other links I need (flows, swap, etc.). I don't really need to see if anything has recently been posted in the eddy but would like to be able to get there via a "quick link" rather than going to the forum listings then to the eddy. Thanks again.
Old 07-19-2007   #15

Somewhere on, Earth
Thanks for your feedback, the Buzz is a work in progress and we are always looking for ways to make it better.

I have added a link in the Quick Links to The Eddy. I have also added a feed on the home page for discussions from The Eddy. I think our goal should be keeping the paddler related topics together but also encourage the other discussions too. I have been thinking about this a lot because I think The Eddy became less active with the changes.

Sure we we'll have some dicks like TroutBobber joining in but at that time the Buzz Crew was not in place so he was set free in a pretty much unmoderated forum. Even though we don't really do much moderation, at least the team has the tools to pull the trigger and ban an ass like that sooner so it does not fill the Eddy with a bunch of floating shit.
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007   #16

Somewhere on, Earth
I also forgot to add that I changed the links in the feeds on the home page. When you click them they will automatically take you to the last post you read in a discussion. I think that is a handy change...
Old 07-19-2007   #17

Summit, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Send a message via AIM to COUNT
Andy, is that the last post in the thread or the first post you haven't viewed? Because it seems like it would be a bit of a pain if it always took you to the last post but you hadn't read the whole page before it.

D
Old 07-19-2007   #18

Steamboat, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Seems to be the first post you have not read, I like it.
kayakfreakus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007   #19

Somewhere on, Earth
Mr Freakus is correct, it's the last unread post.
Old 07-19-2007   #20
JBL

Gnarnia, Colorado
Thanks, Andy!! Very nice to have a quick link. I also like the new feature that takes you to the most recent post.

I couldn't agree more about a troll like troutbobber. I'm glad that hack isn't on the buzz anymore. What a dick he was.