Old 04-02-2008   #1

New snitch function is gay!

Just wanted to express my displeasure at the ''report post'' icon appearing in posts. Is this really necessary? A tattletale button for those that disagree with a post. When I see spam I just ignore it. ''Nokia 6543 for sale'' tends to be a clue. Perhaps I shouldn't let it bother me, but, I feel like snitching isn't something that should be encouraged. This does nothing to improve the Buzz. If you have a problem with something, you should deal with it on your own terms, not look to some authority figure to solve your problems. Bells+Whistles=Crap.

deepstroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008   #2

Minturn, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
Takes one to know one.

Jamba Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008   #3

185 lb. waste of space, Keeping Glenwood Springs real
Paddling Since: 1864
If the new snitch function was straight would you have a problem with it?
yourrealdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008   #4

Knife Fork of the Spoon Paddling Since: 1984
I'm telling you don't like it
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008   #5

Front Range, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepstroke View Post
Just wanted to express my displeasure at the ''report post'' icon appearing in posts. Is this really necessary? A tattletale button for those that disagree with a post. When I see spam I just ignore it. ''Nokia 6543 for sale'' tends to be a clue. Perhaps I shouldn't let it bother me, but, I feel like snitching isn't something that should be encouraged. This does nothing to improve the Buzz. If you have a problem with something, you should deal with it on your own terms, not look to some authority figure to solve your problems. Bells+Whistles=Crap.
Take your own advice and ignore it.
Old 04-02-2008   #6

Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1998
Amazing how you've taken the time to make a post about how something shouldn't be encouraged ("I feel like snitching isn't something that should be encouraged") yet your words are encouraging people to use a language that bashes and insults a demographic of our population.

Please keep your hateful language off paddling forums. Your comment correlating being gay to something negative isn't cool. Please refrain from doing so in the future. If you want to use homophobic language in your own backwards version of the world that's your problem but please don't spread the hate over public paddling forums.

Paul
PaulGamache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008   #7

Somewhere on, Earth
Just so you all know the report post icon was actually text yesterday. The change was made because people often hit the "report post" link instead of the "post reply" link which was about 1/4 of inch below. We would have to notify the poster and have them use the right link. This icon was the default one used with the software but it was changed to a text link last year after the software was converted to vBulletin. So there is no new snitch button, it's just an icon now instead of text.
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008   #8

So, now that some time has passed, I gotta say that I, too, find it funny that I wasted my time posting about trivial bullshit. I don't care that much. Maybe, I'm on an anti-snitch thing since I'm fueding with a neighbor who refuses my offer to fortify the fence between our properties because they own the fence and would prefer it break down so they can call animal control when my dogs get in their yard. As far as this homophobic charge goes, I think it's a bit of a stretch to make it out that I'm a hateful, backward homophobe for using the word gay correlated with something negative. Let's not be overly PC here. I've heard gays do the same thing. It wasn't meant to be taken literally. Lighten up. I don't fear the rainbow. I'll quiz my gay friends on what they think and act accordingly. I think I was just in a pissy mood earlier because I'm a kayaker with an arm that looks like this: Ya see, I sympathize with gays because my wrist is limp as well[literally, not figuratively].

deepstroke is offline   Reply With Quote