Old 02-06-2010   #1

Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1999
Send a message via AIM to JCKeck1
Mtn Buzz - give our photos back!

Did we seriously go from three photos on the home page to one and a facebook ad???? I don't care which of my jackass friends is on facebook, but what I do want to see is them hucking their carcasses off shit.

Put photos back up on mountainbuzz!

Joe

JCKeck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010   #2

Somewhere on, Earth
There were two photo on the home page not three. I'll put it back to two photo as the flow pick up and people actually start posting photos again. Some of them were sitting there for weeks before the next photo was posted.

Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010   #3

Seattle, Washington
Weeks worth of the same kayaking pictures still trumps these shitty ads that are now everywhere. Also, this is not a non-paddling discussion. This discussion specifically involves paddlers and paddling and belongs where I put in - in the boater's forum. Maybe if these inane ads weren't everywhere paddlers would come back to this site and post new pictures. Does anyone ever click on that crap?
Joe

Also, there were three photos, but I believe that was the first thing to go when Frenchy sold.
Old 02-06-2010   #4

Seriously, didn't we go through this a couple years ago? People want to see the pics.
El quapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010   #5

Somewhere on, Earth
As I said, I'll switch the pics back to two pics on the home page (just like it was) when things start to pick up around here.
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010   #6
adm

Frisco, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCKeck1 View Post
Weeks worth of the same kayaking pictures still trumps these shitty ads that are now everywhere. Also, this is not a non-paddling discussion. This discussion specifically involves paddlers and paddling and belongs where I put in - in the boater's forum. Maybe if these inane ads weren't everywhere paddlers would come back to this site and post new pictures. Does anyone ever click on that crap?
Joe

Also, there were three photos, but I believe that was the first thing to go when Frenchy sold.

+1
adm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010   #7

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Facebook gets blocked by my work servers. Pics are better.
deepsouthpaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010   #8

at my house, Montana
Paddling Since: 2020
What's the use of the Buzz being on FB anyways? There's plenty of traffic, my photo was bumped in one day, hrmph.
Old 02-07-2010   #9

Chasing H2O, CO
Paddling Since: 0001
Quote:
What's the use of the Buzz being on FB anyways? There's plenty of traffic, my photo was bumped in one day, hrmph.
It's a nod to the fact that MtnBuzz is hurting. FB = the promise and hope of more click through to the actual MtnBuzz home-page, where people will discover annoying ads about how long they can grow their appendages, what trucks they should buy, and an RSS feed to PaddlingLife - which if one really wanted they could subscribe to on their own time. However, the one thing they won't discover is awesome pictures and relevant content. I mean seriously, how commercial can a paddling site get? I guess it's all relevant as no one is using it anymore, and the ads target newer boaters to the community so that manufacturers and retailers can sell them their wares.

Ask yourself this ClassVJoe - Shouldn't I have been in bed instead of participating this thread?

Thought so...
Datju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010   #10

Seattle, Washington
"However, the one thing they won't discover is awesome pictures and relevant content."

I agree with all of your points. Unfortunately, even though I should be asleep, I work at 3am in the hospital. It's gonna be a rough year here on the buzz if the snow doesn't pick up....
Joe