Old 08-04-2015   #11

Jenks, Oklahoma
Mountainbuzz is just fine the exact way it is.

okieboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015   #12

The ranch, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
I upvote this comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmyers View Post
I wasn't necessarily referring to a system that keeps interesting threads "bumped"... Just that I see a comment once in a while that makes me think, hell yeah someone got shit figured out....and I would like to give those posts a thumbs up rather than having to quote and reply simply saying I agree...
Exactly.

robemega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015   #13

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1974
Quote:
Originally Posted by craven_morhead View Post
I have no idea if it's feasible from a back-end perspective, but it wouldn't be helpful from my perspective, since it's not helpful to the way I tend to use the site. I tend to look through recent posts, and if a thread interests me and it has new posts, I click on it. If it doesn't meet either of those two criteria, I don't. So having a "popular" thread with no new posts on the top of the list due to reddit-style upvotes doesn't do much for me from a user perspective. I'm not sure how others use the site though.
Agree. I use the "view w/o forums" link and look at what's new and interesting to me.
duct tape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015   #14

Steamboat, Colorado
I like the idea of upvotes or downvotes within threads on specific comments/posts, but I don't think that should have anything to do with what threads stay on the front page and which ones go away. Sounds like it could get way too complicated. What's relevant and interesting to you may or may not be relevant or interesting to me. Sure, I might check out the Poudre Gnarrows Front Ranger shit talking for a minute, get a good giggle, but hell we all know I'm not going to race so that thread is pretty irrelevant to me. I might pop on over to razz the rafters about their gear dilemmas, get another good giggle... but probably don't need that particular thread to stay at the top of the list. However the thread about the slowly dying kayaking industry is rather interesting to me, and look, it's at the top of the page...