Old 12-01-2011   #1

crested butte, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1990
Send a message via Yahoo to milo
lost trip report again!

...admins....i was typing up a trip report and was logged in...i went to post and it said i had to log-in....where do those posts go?.....how do you keep from being logged out due to a time limi?....shit.....

milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011   #2

Evergreen, Colorado
Paddling Since: '92
Pull it together man.

Old 12-01-2011   #3

Copy the text before you post it. Then if you have a problem posting, you can just paste the message back into the reply box and submit it again.

I learned this lesson the hard way after losing write ups on other boards.
BoscoBoater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011   #4

Orem, Utah
Paddling Since: 1969
I agree with BOSCO, one additional thing that I have gotten in the habit of doing is writing the post in a text editor and then copying it to the sight where I want to post. I have lost too much time retyping where I could be boating.
kikii875 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011   #5

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Milo, and others,

Another pointer - if you use something like MS Word or some other word processor that can do fancy formatting and stuff, after you paste the text into the text entry box, select it all and click on the little AA button on the upper left. That clears out all the wacky formatting symbols the original word processor put into it. If you don't do that your text may have funny characters or have it be some odd color.

Bummed I missed out on another one....of your...stream of consciousness...epic...dot-dot-dot-laden...posts.

-AH
Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #6
doesn't need a fake name

Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Milo, it's ok, I still have that draft that you emailed to me. Here, let me just paste it in here:

... .. Milo here... man... I have no idea where I am right now... but I know where I was YESTERDAY... that's right, you guessed it... after all...... .....

...the black box AKA... the canyon of no return... AKA... IVY canyon... well it was flowing at about 1600 cfs... so me.... I went to the store....

I was out of milk... I prefer 2%... whole milk is... too high in fat... I need to watch my figure since... I spend so much of my time... hiding underneath my bed........ It was a little snowy... so I went to the store over on 5th and Uncompagre. ... it's closer... to my house... plus they sell those candies that I like so much... while I was there I got a text message asking me to help out some people with shuttle... somebody got dropped on their heads too often as a child...... those were no conditions to be out driving around in...

..........got my 2% and went home.... then I cried myself to sleep..... milolovesrollerblading... out!
leif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #7
Newb Sauce

New Castle, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2009
Where is the damn like button again? Leif that was awesome. Maybe a bit to a easy to read and understand though. I do have to admit I like reading Milo's posts, but mainly for the challenge of figuring out what he is trying say.
Milquetoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #8
doesn't need a fake name

Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Yeah, his posts are like spicy food. I like to see how much I can stand, and I have a pretty high tolerance. For authenticity I should probably have not capitalized all the i's, and maybe worked in a couple spelling errors. Also his posts are always a single huge paragraph, so I shouldn't have broken mine up like that. What I was trying to express was a "..." that was so extreme that it was a full paragraph pause.

Lately when I read Milo's posts, I have been imagining William Shatner reading them, with artistic pauses at every ellipsis.

leif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011   #9

crested butte, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1990
Send a message via Yahoo to milo

....thanks boys....actually my trip report was better than your lief....because i tried really really hard.....

milo is offline   Reply With Quote