Old 07-26-2013   #1

Where ever the water is...., Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Send a message via AIM to peterholcombe
Is this a hack?

I just got this email sent to me and it seems very strange. I haven't contacted anyone at the Buzz about technical support. I didn't click the link or respond. What's up with this?

Hi - We have received your comment/question here at the technical support area - the Help Desk. The Help Desk is intended for issues surrounding forum usage e.g. password problems, lost login info and other computer related issues.

Please remember that you can't reply via email to our email notifications. Your response did not display to the person or thread you may have intended. The easiest way to reply is to follow the link in the email that was sent to you and then just post your response when you are logged in at the forum.

Cheers,

Janet

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: AUC-655-76380
Department: MountainBuzz.com
Type: Issue
Priority: Medium

Support Center: http://www.socialknowledge.com/suppo....php?/mountain
[/COLOR][/COLOR]

peterholcombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013   #2

Grand Junction, Colorado
I wouldnt pay any attention to it delete it unless you made a inquiry smells fishy

flipper42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013   #3
The Russian

SLC, Utah
Paddling Since: 2005
Most of the emails asking you to click on the link to provide username/password are bogus. Another way to see if the link is bogus mouse over the link and at the bottom left of your web browser there will be a target link of where the link actually pointing you to.

For example, here is a link to youtube, but the link will say whitehouse:

http://www.whitehouse.com

As you mouse over my link, you can see at the bottom left that the true link is actually going to youtube and not whitehouse.

In your post, the e-mail pretends to be mountbuzz staff, but the actual link is going to socialknowledge.com url, which is obviously not mountainbuzz.

Hope this helps.
Old 07-26-2013   #4

Buena Vista, Colorado
I don't think it is. Janet is the administrator for Mountain Buzz and Social Knowledge Network is like a parent company or platform or something like that (sorry, not real knowledgeable about it). I will report the thread and I bet Janet will post up shortly to let you know if it was a mistake, or if it is some kind of hack.
Old 07-26-2013   #5

Denver, Colorado
Going to whitehouse.com used to be a lot more fun than going to youtube.
skipowpow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013   #6
The Russian

SLC, Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipowpow View Post
Going to whitehouse.com used to be a lot more fun than going to youtube.
LOL I so remember that....thanks for a reminder!
Old 07-26-2013   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterholcombe View Post
I just got this email sent to me and it seems very strange. I haven't contacted anyone at the Buzz about technical support. I didn't click the link or respond. What's up with this?

Hi - We have received your comment/question here at the technical support area - the Help Desk. The Help Desk is intended for issues surrounding forum usage e.g. password problems, lost login info and other computer related issues.

Please remember that you can't reply via email to our email notifications. Your response did not display to the person or thread you may have intended. The easiest way to reply is to follow the link in the email that was sent to you and then just post your response when you are logged in at the forum.

Cheers,

Janet

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: AUC-655-76380
Department: MountainBuzz.com
Type: Issue
Priority: Medium

Support Center: http://www.socialknowledge.com/suppo....php?/mountain
[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Peter - you inadvertently contacted us. Here's how: You responded to an e-mailed notice that you got a PM at BUZZ instead of logging into BUZZ and actually responding to the PM.

Your response when to the help desk. it looks like you were trying to contact someone named Parker from your response. You need to know that he didn't get your message - I did.

When you reply to an e-mail notification, your response goes to the help desk. Log in and respond to the PM.
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013   #8

Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
Peter - you inadvertently contacted us. Here's how: You responded to an e-mailed notice that you got a PM at BUZZ instead of logging into BUZZ and actually responding to the PM.

Your response when to the help desk. it looks like you were trying to contact someone named Parker from your response. You need to know that he didn't get your message - I did.

When you reply to an e-mail notification, your response goes to the help desk. Log in and respond to the PM.

On snap. No-reply fail, Peter! hahah.