Old 05-12-2012   #81
Dipshit with the most.

Bellevue, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying_Spaghetti_Monster View Post
First off it was a joke. Second you must be a rafter to get offended. I really like most rafters. I like them as much as I like most kayakers. (There are the few in each group that are hard to be around.) But there have been a lot of groover, ice chest questions lately. It just seems that a sub forum to post those questions would be great. Then people could scroll through on the one stop shop sub forum. I just don't understand why rafters are so up in arms against this. I get sick of shit bucket questions. Hell I vote we just split to a kayakers only forum, and let the rafters have the boaters forum. Bunch of cry babies.
Unless you just got reverse trolled. I think the guy was just drunk though.

That is usually how I sound when it's after dinner and all the kayakers have 'split' to their own forum and are huddled around a hookah in their little man cave tent tarp thing that takes about an hour to set up, but they won't bring a small tent that sets up in three minutes because they are a core kayaker and can't bring a tent even though their bag is on the raft and there is still some cleanup to do and I am it, since it's my kitchen and the last multi day they went on they only took a pizza folded in half so didn't have to dishes so they don't really know how.

I don't even want to get started about how many kayak questions are clogging up the shit bucket forum AKA Gear Talk.

If you really want to go do a different forum then GTFO. Bye bye. See ya.

Otherwise quitcherbitchin. Damn bunch of whiners anyway.

carvedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012   #82

Newberg, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1981
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhowemt View Post
actually the waterfall was filmed at kootenai falls, by libby MT
Also some filming was done on the Flathead river and the Rogue. They droped the raft in the river with a helocopter below the main drop at Kootenai falls!

jpbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012   #83

at my house, Montana
Paddling Since: 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by smauk2

It's ok while you're increasing your post count I will be boating on The Ottawa.
You big hairy faced beast! Have fun, i'm taking a break from my 3 day boating weeks to visit with my padre.

Yes, one more post!
Old 05-12-2012   #84

BV, CO
Paddling Since: 96
This thread is getting too big.
Phil U. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012   #85

., ...
Paddling Since: 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying_Spaghetti_Monster View Post
I am not sure why rafters are against having a section to post rafter only questions. It seems better. Your questions about ice, and what raft to buy will not be hijacked by kayakers say to split the two forums. Not sure how it is different than Betty Buzz, or Snow Riders Buzz. Why not a Rafters Buzz? If you have a post that would relate to kayakers then post on the main Buzz, but all the redundant rafting questions that kayakers never deal with nor care about should be posted elsewhere. Please explain why this is a bad idea. People have been pushing for it for some time now. Is buzz getting to big? No, but I support a Raft Buzz. Come on Admin make it happen.
Its not a bad idea, but why can't you read the title of the thread to figure that out? Simple enough, if your not interested in the title of the thread than don't read it. By the way, most of the rafter questions that you dislike so much are in the "gear talk", not the "boater's forum"
I find it funny that after 3 or 4 posts of suggesting a rafter forum you finally give in and say;
Quote:
Hell I vote we just split to a kayakers only forum, and let the rafters have the boaters forum. Bunch of cry babies.

I'll be sure to bring plenty of cheese in my cooler for all that whine you are stashing in your boat...
Pro Leisure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012   #86

Tigard, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1995
If kayakers want a kayaker only forum, then what;s the harm? For that matter we should have a SUP forum too. Ok, I'm being ridiculous now because I have been spending the day pretending I'm on the river drinking cooler beer as opposed to drag bag beer. I know it is bad for the ice, but I don't care... As long as all the forums show up in "New Post" I don't really care. I can click on posts based on the subject line at that point.
TriBri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012   #87

dillon, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
I think splitting into different forums could help. A raft based/kayak based/sup based forum might eae the growing pains a bit. Then again so could aggressive moderation, if you could convince someone to do it
chepora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012   #88
Abides.

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2010
I'm fine with it as is. Kayak or raft, I like reading the different posts...I think the fact were all on here debating this is a sign of boredom and lack of water. =P
TheDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012   #89
doesn't need a fake name

Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
I think that we need an "elitist" category.

There are probably a lot of kayakers out there that go on multiday raft support trips or run class III and just generally, you know, care about that sort of stuff. At the very least, they probably don't mind reading about rafting issues, or seeing raft videos of class IV rapids.

However, elitists, almost by definition, do not want to have to wade through a large number of posts devoted to mundane questions and mediocre achievements.

An elitist category would allow normal people to see the elitist threads mixed in to their normal feed, but could help elitists filter out everything not hardcore.

I have called this hypothetical category "elitist" but there are probably better names for it, like "hardcore kayaking" or "elitist jerks" or "purists" or many other options, of varying degrees of offensivity. I have tried to avoid implying that it would be only kayakers, or that all kayakers would automatically start posting in that category. There are probably a few elitist hardcore rafters out there too, and we all know that there are plenty of non-elitist kayakers.

Would it be worth conducting some sort of survey or poll of the buzz population?
leif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012   #90

Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1989
Quote:
Originally Posted by leif
I think that we need an "elitist" category.

There are probably a lot of kayakers out there that go on multiday raft support trips or run class III and just generally, you know, care about that sort of stuff. At the very least, they probably don't mind reading about rafting issues, or seeing raft videos of class IV rapids.

However, elitists, almost by definition, do not want to have to wade through a large number of posts devoted to mundane questions and mediocre achievements.

An elitist category would allow normal people to see the elitist threads mixed in to their normal feed, but could help elitists filter out everything not hardcore.

I have called this hypothetical category "elitist" but there are probably better names for it, like "hardcore kayaking" or "elitist jerks" or "purists" or many other options, of varying degrees of offensivity. I have tried to avoid implying that it would be only kayakers, or that all kayakers would automatically start posting in that category. There are probably a few elitist hardcore rafters out there too, and we all know that there are plenty of non-elitist kayakers.

Would it be worth conducting some sort of survey or poll of the buzz population?
How does it work for those of us who tried and swam the class IV but can't actually paddle it yet still try to talk trash? Is there an Attempted Elitist Douche category?