Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-11-2012   #71
 
crested butte, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying_Spaghetti_Monster View Post
I don't mind rafters, but having a spot for their post would not be bad. Kayakers don't care what size cooler to get to keep 47 1/2 beers cold for 21 1/3 days, on the Grand at 27,567 cfs.
Your a tool. It is a shame poeple like you are alowed to share the same rivers as the rest of us. I think you are missing something increadably valuble about the river and the great people who enjoy it!
__________________

calirado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012   #72
 
crested butte, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 29
uhhhh does anyone know where thqt river in that movie the river wild was shot? We should huck that. That would be sick..... i bet it was in colorado. Yay!
__________________

calirado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012   #73
 
crested butte, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 29
save it for your blog!
calirado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012   #74
 
MT4Runner's Avatar
 
Kalispell, Montana
Paddling Since: 1997
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by calirado View Post
uhhhh does anyone know where thqt river in that movie the river wild was shot? We should huck that. That would be sick..... i bet it was in colorado. Yay!
We were at a swiftwater rescue class two weekends ago.
The instructor asked, "So, what are some of the greatest hazards on Montana rivers?"








The best answer:
Kevin Bacon? Yes, I realize that The River Wild was not filmed in Montana, but it ostensibly took place here.
MT4Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012   #75
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by calirado View Post
Your a tool. It is a shame poeple like you are alowed to share the same rivers as the rest of us. I think you are missing something increadably valuble about the river and the great people who enjoy it!
You're a tool. I think you are missing something valuable about the river and the people that enjoy it. The type of people I'm talking about are those that figured out how to get from the put-in the the get-out before Al Gore invented the internet.

What humors me about the "How many 5 gall. gamma seal buckets will I need to fit the 14 transvestite midget strippers we are taking on the bachelor party down Westward""No, midget strippers stack better in a 20mm ammo can""Wait, you should make sure you float the trannies in from Loma at night because Alvin has a serious midget fettish and you might run into problems" threads is that it is as if people don't think that trial and error, tape measures, asking for directions at the gas station, looking at maps and other manifestations of what used to be known as common sense work anyone.

You know people used to learn from the school of hard knocks and most of us are still around to talk about it. I must be in the minority, but I still get enjoyment and satisfaction from figuring things out versus being spoon fed. Don't get be wrong, I'll seek a little beta from time to time on the ol' intertoobs but some of you, rafters in particular, need to ask how to make a god damn PB&J.

People like to complain about how busy the rivers are. That's because everyone is telling them how to do it and where to go...duh.
Jamie D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012   #76
 
dirtbagkayaker's Avatar
 
Bazzaro, World
Paddling Since: 2020
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorado_steve View Post
I don't mind kayakers, but they really get in the way of trying to figure out if i should drain the ice out of my cooler or let the ice soak in water
Steve, nice boat! where did ya get that thing. But do you even need to "drain the ice" it just doesn't look like a good idea give what your floating..
dirtbagkayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012   #77
Spits Hot Fire
 
FLOWTORCH's Avatar
 
N. Cascades, Washington
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 978
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie D. View Post
.....What humors me about the "How many 5 gall. gamma seal buckets will I need to fit the 14 transvestite midget strippers we are taking on the bachelor party down Westward""No, midget strippers stack better in a 20mm ammo can""Wait, you should make sure you float the trannies in from Loma at night because Alvin has a serious midget fettish and you might run into problems" threads is that it is as if people don't think that trial and error, tape measures, asking for directions at the gas station, looking at maps and other manifestations of what used to be known as common sense work anyone.

You know people used to learn from the school of hard knocks and most of us are still around to talk about it. I must be in the minority, but I still get enjoyment and satisfaction from figuring things out versus being spoon fed. Don't get be wrong, I'll seek a little beta from time to time on the ol' intertoobs but some of you, rafters in particular, need to ask how to make a god damn PB&J.

People like to complain about how busy the rivers are. That's because everyone is telling them how to do it and where to go...duh.
/Begins The Slow Clap
__________________
Your opinion doesn't matter when you're already biased.
FLOWTORCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012   #78
 
lhowemt's Avatar
 
at my house, Montana
Paddling Since: 2020
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 4,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by MT4Runner

The best answer:
Kevin Bacon? Yes, I realize that The River Wild was not filmed in Montana, but it ostensibly took place here.
actually the waterfall was filmed at kootenai falls, by libby MT
__________________
I am a river, babe - I've got plenty of time, I don't know where I'm going, I'm just following the lines..... - "We are water" by Shaye
lhowemt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012   #79
 
Flying_Spaghetti_Monster's Avatar
 
Farmington, Utah
Paddling Since: 2009
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 707
Quote:
Originally Posted by calirado View Post
Your a tool. It is a shame poeple like you are alowed to share the same rivers as the rest of us. I think you are missing something increadably valuble about the river and the great people who enjoy it!
First off it was a joke. Second you must be a rafter to get offended. I really like most rafters. I like them as much as I like most kayakers. (There are the few in each group that are hard to be around.) But there have been a lot of groover, ice chest questions lately. It just seems that a sub forum to post those questions would be great. Then people could scroll through on the one stop shop sub forum. I just don't understand why rafters are so up in arms against this. I get sick of shit bucket questions. Hell I vote we just split to a kayakers only forum, and let the rafters have the boaters forum. Bunch of cry babies.
Flying_Spaghetti_Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012   #80
 
smauk2's Avatar
 
Near water (hopefully), Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhowemt View Post
Good! At least we're getting off-topic now. Too bad you guys don't have any water in co....
It's ok while you're increasing your post count I will be boating on The Ottawa.
__________________

smauk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Topic Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hello Buzz Canyon Coolers Partner's Forum 9 08-29-2011 11:51 PM
Big, big, water North Fork video from WildWater..... bvwp1 Whitewater Kayaking 4 11-18-2010 09:28 AM
Buzz I Need Your Help! RiverWrangler The Eddy 0 10-02-2008 09:56 AM
Any buzz on when the Big south gate will be open? hortonvm Whitewater Kayaking 3 06-16-2007 06:11 PM
Big water question #2: Suggestions for rolling in big waves cstork Whitewater Kayaking 6 06-10-2004 04:56 PM

» Classified Ads
Seat welded to cross bar...

posted by Robby

Seat welded to cross bar 1.5" bar

Demo 2016 Jackson Karma...

posted by 4CRS

Used 2016 Jackson Karma Traverse 10 whitewater kayak -...

Wave Sport Ethos 10

posted by davidwsilver

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.