Paddling Since: 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhowemt View Post
Oh come on, lighten up Brah dooooood! The internets are not so serious-

smauk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012   #62

at my house, Montana
Paddling Since: 2020
Good! At least we're getting off-topic now. Too bad you guys don't have any water in co....

Old 05-11-2012   #63

Kalispell, Montana
Paddling Since: 1997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying_Spaghetti_Monster View Post
This is meant to be a joke, and still do not see why rafters are opposed to a separate thread. No one is asking for you not to share the river, but just a go to place to discuss rafters only topics. It seems like you think you are proving something by not wanting to use a different thread. I don't mind rafters, but when they want think logical it is annoying.
Oh, no, don't do it! This is like the Great Rec.Boats.Paddle Split of 1999! We narrowly averted a global cataclysm!!!

The .whitewater folks didn't want to split then, and stayed in r.b.p. when the .touring folks split off. :GASP:
MT4Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012   #64
LSB
Renaissance Redneck

Huson, Montana
Paddling Since: 1988
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankC View Post
Am I missing something here? Can't you usually tell what the post is about by the message heading? Just skip the posts you aren't interested in. end of problem.
Hurrumph. I'm one of the prebuzz hasbeens that used to check levels daily on watertalk. But now that I'm a washed up kayakers that had babies and runs classII overnighters with the fam, I dont really care if Vallecito is in, so it's really no problem to skip those posts. Where I still core a kayaker, I would expect that I could skip the posts about cooler size without a problem as well.
Old 05-11-2012   #65

Some of Facebok ideas aren't bad. As the Buzz get's large, having more custom mechanisms to sort and filter can be useful.

Everyone is familiar with Facebook concepts, why not use that to our advantage?
basil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012   #66
Dipshit with the most.

Bellevue, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1991
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankC View Post
Am I missing something here? Can't you usually tell what the post is about by the message heading? Just skip the posts you aren't interested in. end of problem.
That is way too simple....I want to see it the way I want to see it. And I don't want to see anything I don't want to see. Wanting and seeing and vice versa. It's the amerigan way.

Can I unlike people on here? I know the ignore thing works, but I really want to make a statement.
carvedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012   #67

Thronton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
People already post in the wrong places anyway. Adding one more point of separation is going to make that worse, not better. We already have separatation for gear, safety and trips, yet all of those tend to end up in the single bopater forum. In fact, I'd actually go the other way - combine some of them. All things boating in boating. There's only one skiing forumn?! I like adding the mountain biker forum, there may be more of that this summer than anything! LOL
BoilermakerU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012   #68

irvine, California
Paddling Since: 1987
How about a spell check option?😳
wildh2onriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012   #69

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildh2onriver View Post
How about a spell check option?😳
How' bout full on auto correct?

(seven two 0)-298-2242
Dave Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012   #70
gh

pnw, Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilermakerU View Post
People already post in the wrong places anyway. Adding one more point of separation is going to make that worse, not better. We already have separatation for gear, safety and trips, yet all of those tend to end up in the single bopater forum. In fact, I'd actually go the other way - combine some of them. All things boating in boating. There's only one skiing forumn?! I like adding the mountain biker forum, there may be more of that this summer than anything! LOL
LIKE. Where is my like button when I need it? Mountain biker forum sounds like a sweet idea.