Old 05-11-2012   #51

Golden, CO
Paddling Since: 1856
Am I missing something here? Can't you usually tell what the post is about by the message heading? Just skip the posts you aren't interested in. end of problem.

FrankC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012   #52

Farmington, Utah
Paddling Since: 2009
News headline. "Rafters make history by refusing to use a separate thread for what is now being called the Rafters Civil Rights Movement. No one knows how long the boycott will last, but they are holding their ground. I have a dream that rafters will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the craft they paddle, but by the content of their character."
This is meant to be a joke, and still do not see why rafters are opposed to a separate thread. No one is asking for you not to share the river, but just a go to place to discuss rafters only topics. It seems like you think you are proving something by not wanting to use a different thread. I don't mind rafters, but when they want think logical it is annoying.

Flying_Spaghetti_Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012   #53

Pugetopolis, Washington
Paddling Since: 96
Whats Westwater like at 3510? Nevermind,I'll just start a new thread
BarryDingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012   #54

Near water (hopefully), Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
Ok honestly anyone who is opposed to inserting a kayaking sub forum is being stubborn and selfish. It WONT change the front page, it WONT change how you view the buzz unless you go to a sub forum. It WILL make a lot of kayakers happy who don't want to sift through a groover thread every three days.

This isn't about sharing the river, I mean shit it's the internet. Were not trying to replicate how we act on the river here. I really don't understand it. It's like people are having this automatic knee jerk reaction. "CHANGE UURRR DON'T DO THAT ME NO LIKE CHANGE".

inb4 you're a dick waving kayaker who thinks he's so cool yadda yadda yadda. We just want a subforum, it's a minor change.
smauk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012   #55

at my house, Montana
Paddling Since: 2020
I vote to keep it all together. Both sides have equally valid arguments, yet some choose to put others down based on the argument that equally applies to them. As in- what's the problem with ignoring rafter posts, and - what's the problem with your own forum? Separate forums won't solve the problem, unless the admins reprogram and have the main page photos be something you can select to see (kayaking gnar vs everything else, maybe this is half of the solution)I like to see as much as possible keep the boating community together vs splitting. I read both kinds of posts esp now that i have an ik. Everyone starts as a class iii boater and that is what differentiates this site to me, it's how i was drawn in 5(?) years ago and i'm a completely different boater now. Aren't there a bunch of geo specific and gnar specific sites already? The buzz is a great melting pot and i think that serves us all in many ways.
Old 05-11-2012   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhowemt View Post
I vote to keep it all together. Both sides have equally valid arguments, yet some choose to put others down based on the argument that equally applies to them. As in- what's the problem with ignoring rafter posts, and - what's the problem with your own forum? Separate forums won't solve the problem, unless the admins reprogram and have the main page photos be something you can select to see (kayaking gnar vs everything else, maybe this is half of the solution)I like to see as much as possible keep the boating community together vs splitting. I read both kinds of posts esp now that i have an ik. Everyone starts as a class iii boater and that is what differentiates this site to me, it's how i was drawn in 5(?) years ago and i'm a completely different boater now. Aren't there a bunch of geo specific and gnar specific sites already? The buzz is a great melting pot and i think that serves us all in many ways.
Old 05-11-2012   #57

at my house, Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by smauk2
Ok honestly anyone who wants to add a kayaking sub forum is being stubborn and selfish.
Yeah!
Old 05-11-2012   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhowemt View Post
Yeah!

Quoting somebody when they didn't make a statement is trolling. Need to find my troll spray, this shit is nasty.
Old 05-11-2012   #59
GoBro

BZN, Montana
Boating forum should be for beta and trip reports. Gear talk should be groovers and coolers. Maybe a new section for over-nighters to discuss GC, Westie etc trips over and over...

It seems moderation of topics into existing buckets would go much further than adding more buckets. Way too many people lean on the excuse of putting topics in the boating forum "because it gets more traffic". No shit, because no one wants to read your lame ass gear thread.

If you need volunteers to help clean up I'd be glad to. Also have coding/database experience if you need help on that end.
glenn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012   #60

at my house, Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by smauk2

Quoting somebody when they didn't make a statement is trolling. Need to find my troll spray, this shit is nasty.
Oh come on, lighten up Brah dooooood! The internets are not so serious-