View Poll Results: Do you want to see an Inflatable Kayak forum?
Yes 29 48.33%
No 9 15.00%
Don't care 22 36.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-14-2013   #1

Pinecliffe, Colorado
Paddling Since: 05
IK Ducky Forum?

Great to see all the new forums. Is there going to be a forum for IK's? This may need to be moved to the support and feed back forum. I didn't see that forum until selected view by for forum. Anyway any plans to cater to an IK talk forum?

Old 07-14-2013   #2
God Amongst Men

Phuoc My, Da Nang, THE 'NAM
Paddling Since: 1845
I love duckies as much as the next, possibly more than the next, but I really don't think we need that. But kudos to the big guys for finally separating kayaking from rafting.

Old 07-14-2013   #3

Pinecliffe, Colorado
There are lot of people that love boating and IK is all they own. Aside from whether or not it is needed, where should IK posts go? Say you have an IK gear question then someone would like to post about planning an IK trip, where do the posts go. Why not an IK forum? Its not like it would hurt anything.
Old 07-14-2013   #4

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1976
I'm on the fence too...do I post in raft trip planning or kayak trip planning? So I did both but would rather have a 1K section.
I do go every weekend and run some fun stretches and wouldnt mind others joining. We ran The Rustic and Grandpa's gulch yesterday, perfect level, boney but not pushy. Probally going to run Clear creek next weekend if anyone interested.
DEA4boating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013   #5

Pinecliffe, Colorado
Any mods see this, where should ducky posts go? Its nice to post in the right forum so that people interested in the topic see the post.
Old 07-15-2013   #6

Montrose, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
Really folks lets not make this complicated. We have a group of about 6 loyal riverrats in the Montrose area. Whenever we post a trip it goes on kayak trip planner. 3 of us are in IK's and 3 of us are hardshellers. Just let people know that you do IK,s and sit in an eddy while the hardshellers are playing on a wave, or join them. Same goes going with big rafts, boaters just want company, just let them know your skill level. Let's not turn this into a government project; KEEP IT SIMPLE
gunnerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013   #7

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
How about -since a ducky is part kayak and part raft (could even be used like a canoe) you choose the forum based on what you are posting about.If it is Slickhorn creeking in BC., Favre tearing up a playspot, or someone hucking a drop that is not usually rafted., etc. It is kayaking.If it is a self support scenic trip or accompanying a raft trip it is rafting.If it is a rigging or inflatable repair it is rafting.If it is a river story it is general boating.

I appreciate the mods trying to improve the site ....too many forums gets confusing and people are still posting in the wrong forums it seems, which is the real problem in the first place...they have tried to address this a few times but it is futility...people (probably me too) simply cannot follow directions consistently..hopefully the new changes will sort themselves out and be an improvement in the longrun ...
cayo 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013   #8

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
On second thought, while I don 't think it is necessary, it could be cool tor ducky enthusiasts ..pretty sure Yeti and I would be on there alot...no matter how many forums they have there will be gray areas of overlap...canoeing would have to be represented..
cayo 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013   #9
God Amongst Men

Phuoc My, Da Nang, THE 'NAM
Paddling Since: 1845
I'm with gunner on this.....just use the kayak forum. You're forgetying IK stands for inflatable KAYAK.....
Old 07-15-2013   #10

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Yeah, me too. It could get pretty ridiculous if we had a ducky forum, a canoe forum, a SUP forum... The most important thing was to split the raft and kayak gear forums. Good job on that.

xena13 is offline   Reply With Quote