View Poll Results: Do you want to see an Inflatable Kayak forum?
Yes 29 48.33%
No 9 15.00%
Don't care 22 36.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-07-2013   #61
Beginner

Eastern Slope, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post

You are not being ignored but you are being pushy. Adding a forum area is a big deal. It can change board dynamics and we move slowly when considering these changes. The poll on this issue hasn't shown a definitive path forward and sometimes there's more than one way to address a perceived need. For instance, we could simply edit the rafters forum description to include other inflatables or open a new "small inflatables" area. We're mulling over these options as well as the option to do nothing. Having a foot-stomping temper tantrum about this isn't going to change the process. Chill....
Yep. I'm pushing for something that you all weren't going to let happen if nobody said something. You posted a poll and didn't follow up with the community.

By the way, I didn't stomp my foot or have a temper. I simply am making a case for something because I know that most of the admins on this site are a bunch of Denver weekend warriors who are disconnected with those of us who really get out there - and don't give a shit about the users of this forum. God forbid you change the "board dynamics" by adding an IK forum! It's such a huge deal to add IK, but SUP makes total sense - it's all over Facebook.

I've said my peace. I'm deleting this app. Maybe I'll enjoy Words With Friends and reading the newspaper better. I guess I've wasted my time trying to engage like minded people in an online forum these days. I don't have Facebook or Tweeter - this was it for me, the only online connection with like-minded people. I've participated for a decade and you gapers don't have my back - you're worried about the gravity of the dynamic of a duckie forum!

I guess I'll have to find my peace on my 10 day backpacking trip, 5 days on the water, and 5 days building mountain bike trails over the next month. Have fun in traffic Denver. Make sure you update your Facebook status to let people know about your sweet new paddle board!

Randaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013   #62

Florence, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
formerflatlander

Just joined the Buzz. Found it recently when told by a local guide/kayaker. Somewhat new to paddling IK and often looking for group to paddle with. Whether a separate forum is made or not, it is nice to know where someone near me may be paddling within my limits

formerflatlander is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013   #63

Land of Lovin, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randaddy View Post
Yep. I'm pushing for something that you all weren't going to let happen if nobody said something. You posted a poll and didn't follow up with the community.

By the way, I didn't stomp my foot or have a temper. I simply am making a case for something because I know that most of the admins on this site are a bunch of Denver weekend warriors who are disconnected with those of us who really get out there - and don't give a shit about the users of this forum. God forbid you change the "board dynamics" by adding an IK forum! It's such a huge deal to add IK, but SUP makes total sense - it's all over Facebook.

I've said my peace. I'm deleting this app. Maybe I'll enjoy Words With Friends and reading the newspaper better. I guess I've wasted my time trying to engage like minded people in an online forum these days. I don't have Facebook or Tweeter - this was it for me, the only online connection with like-minded people. I've participated for a decade and you gapers don't have my back - you're worried about the gravity of the dynamic of a duckie forum!

I guess I'll have to find my peace on my 10 day backpacking trip, 5 days on the water, and 5 days building mountain bike trails over the next month. Have fun in traffic Denver. Make sure you update your Facebook status to let people know about your sweet new paddle board!
Wow, nice temper tantrum, good riddance.

SUPs are already far more popular than ducky's have ever been, duckys are a fringe whitewater craft for people who are either new or afraid/unable to roll a hardshell. This is most likely why they are catering to SUP and not duckys, how many SUP's have I seen in Golden compared to duckys? like 10-1, same at the BV park.

Personally, I think the vast majority of your posts make you seem like a jerk, maybe that's why the admins (that you so nicely insulted) aren't jumping at the gun to create your marvelous ducky forum.
Old 08-08-2013   #64

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1976
Well Randaddy..I hope you dont drop the app...and will just keep posting on here for the bump..
I had alot of people contact me with their phone #'s so they can be added to my mass text of when we are going as a group...so I know there are several more people like me that just want to go play on the water somewhere and sometime. Now personally I'm not looking to try SUP, but river boogie boards are on my list!
Is there a seperate forum for that? Just wanted to talk with some river boogie boarders?
DEA4boating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013   #65

at my house, Montana
Paddling Since: 2020
Don't give up Grif! As much hate as there is on the Buzz lately, there is still a lot of good things to share. Grif was the BEST THING EVER on the Buzz. Thank you for doing that. Personally I find it more and more important to ignore the haters (whether new or long time buzzards), especially that tell people to quit having their say. So damn mean to people saying something meaningful, and from their heart. Take a break, come back later, it'll be good again. Heck, have some fun and piss off the kayakers and post in the kayak forum! I hate the new Buzz format. I hate to say that I voted that I don't care, but after a while I realize that it does matter. If whitewater boaters are going to split the forums, just make sure to include everyone. It's really not too much to ask, IMO.
Old 08-08-2013   #66

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
I paddle a duckie. I've done trips with rafts, kayaks, C1s, all ducks, paddle cats, canoes and SUPs. It's all good. When I'm looking for others to paddle with, I don't want to post in 3 different trip planner forums to get boating partners. I don't think we're being marginalized, I just think the site is in danger of getting too fragmented and cumbersome. Maybe you're not being ignored, maybe most members just disagree with you.
xena13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013   #67

Seattle, Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensjustduckie View Post
SUPs are already far more popular than ducky's have ever been, duckys are a fringe whitewater craft for people who are either new or afraid/unable to roll a hardshell. This is most likely why they are catering to SUP and not duckys, how many SUP's have I seen in Golden compared to duckys? like 10-1, same at the BV park.
Dang, those bad ass SUP paddlers, shreddin' at the PLAY PARK!!! Quick, give 'em sponsorships! Their own website! AW should become American Flatwater! Where's my no-pfd lake paddling hot chick SUP yoga calendar?

It's no surprise that someone who refers to a boat design that has claimed steep creek class V first descents on runs all over the PNW as a "ducky" would be such a judgmental jerk. Typical hard shell douchebag arrogance.

Lots of great paddlers run lots of tough water in IKs. Lots of IKers paddle other boats, including the only boat that is apparently a legit whitewater craft, the Holy Hardshell Kayak. We just don't boat with asshats who think they can determine our worth as human beings by the boat we choose to use.

I don't want an IK-only forum, but I'd sure love to find a whitewater community that lacks the hardshell superiority complex disorder we see here so often. Thank god most people who actually boat are not such sanctimonious arrogant condescending myopic narrow-minded swimmers.
slickhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013   #68

at my house, Montana
Paddling Since: 2020
Hot damn Brian! You're on fire. In need of some rain or something?

I haven't had my IK out ONCE this year. Sheesh. But that's just because of our sweet pup, which is a good tradeoff for me. Can we have a dog boating forum please? She's going to have her first on-water experience Saturday, woot woot!
Old 08-08-2013   #69

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Randaddy, It seems apathy won the day....agree with part of what you are saying but it isn 't worth getting so worked up about..not like it is politics ..pretty sure Logan boats a lot and lives on the Ark -El Flaco a skilled kayaker and rafter -Andy an avid rafter -don 't know about the other admins but thank them for s thankless job anyway...how about asking nicely for them to reconsider giving us s trial forum.?....maybe there could be a category other craft for those left out....Randy thanx for Griff damn funny...

Jen, You too good for duckies now that you SUP?...valid point about the numbers of people doing each ....you could look at it as enabling someone without a bombproof roll to run harder stuff in a small solo craft...people don 't seem to get that developing strong self rescue /reentry skills is the equivilent of a roll....

Slickhorn, Don 't always take offense at the term Ducky..I think even the Snyders use it affectionately.Way to represent our craft of choice.

Laura, Don 't make me throw a fit for a 'Cat 's Adrift 'forum...no feline discrimination...My cat is smarter than your pup neener neener
cayo 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013   #70

Land of Lovin, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by cayo 2 View Post
Jen, You too good for duckies now that you SUP?...valid point about the numbers of people doing each ....you could look at it as enabling someone without a bombproof roll to run harder stuff in a small solo craft...people don 't seem to get that developing strong self rescue /reentry skills is the equivilent of a roll....
Ha ha, nah, just stirring the pot Jay I have nothing against duckies, I still have mine but lately I've been working on not-sucking at kayaking in a hardshell or SUPing. Re-entry is definitely underrated too, you're right on that and actually carries over into the SUP realm - either get on the board or get to the side fast because being dragged by your board down a rapid sucks

SUP is for sure more popular than duckying though, maybe the trend will fade but ask any retailer how many duckys they sold vs. SUP boards and the favoritism is obvious.