View Poll Results: Do you want to see an Inflatable Kayak forum?
Yes 29 48.33%
No 9 15.00%
Don't care 22 36.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-19-2013   #31

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
well some aspect s duckies have over kayaks, rafts, or canoes, are versatility, portability and storage...you can take them easily on airplanes, taxis, collectivos,chicken buses, etc...if you don 't.have a garage other boats are a pain in the ass to deal with, like HOA bitching about kayaks on patio....you don 't need rafts to carry your stuff...have done many selfsupport overnight trips up to three days with a one man Lynx and plenty of beer...the times I have overnighted with rafts I pulled my own weight in camp ...yes the raft carried the cooler and put a dry bag on their boat....would carry it myself if they were too overloaded...you CAN play in a ducky, with big load not so much.....you can 't do advanced moves obviously. But can front and side surf, spin, and do enders, pirrouettes,and sort of loop...

Randaddy you could take your Force and make a kayaker carry part of your shit...will try to figure out how to post a pic of a 1 'd with just one of those little kayak float bag/drybags affixed to my Force ..a semi famous kayaker carried a few of my items..

cayo 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013   #32

I was just joking about Ik's. I actually bought one this year for my wife and it is very fun. I already have plans for some II-III overnighters that would benefit from the extra gear room.

To add something to the topic, I don't think we need all these forums. I don't even like separate forums for safety, gear, trip planning, etc. All are whitewater conversations that are generally interesting to me, and if something doesn't interest me i just skip over it.

In summation, Boating is fun and there is a place for all types of whitewater craft (except maybe for Creature Crafts).

BrianK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013   #33

at my house, Montana
Paddling Since: 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemanji View Post
People do pay attention to what forum they are in, especially so if they are accessing the Buzz from a mobile device. When you access the buzz from a mobile, the forums are listed and you select which forum you want to read.
Good god, I go get a puppy and the Buzz splits! But it leaves out the step child IK while including the new flashy baby SUP. Thank goodness my mobile device still allows me to completely ignore the split by selecting "current". Back to puppy breath for me.
Old 07-20-2013   #34
Beginner

Eastern Slope, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianK View Post
I was just joking about Ik's. I actually bought one this year for my wife and it is very fun. I already have plans for some II-III overnighters that would benefit from the extra gear room.
Does your wife Rollerblade too?
Randaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013   #35
God Amongst Men

Phuoc My, Da Nang, THE 'NAM
Paddling Since: 1845
Has this thread seriously stretched to four pages?

Silly ducky'rs ..... when are you going to learn that as soon as you choose to ducky you lose all rights to say anything as a boater. Y'all need to learn that your opinions don't matter if you IK!
Old 07-20-2013   #36

Montrose, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
Yes yeti we have finally managed to turn this into a government project. Next in line is forming the sub-committies to study why all kayakers don't get along, and on and on we go. This was suppose to be a simple yes or no answer to a very simple question and has dragged on way to long. Lets move on and lets KEEP IT SIMPLE!
gunnerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013   #37

Denver, Colorado
they may not respect your opinion but "you lose all rights to say anything as a boater "...just a wee bit of an exaggeration considering that between you,I, and Randaddy, we have over 5000 posts...man I have more posts than Yeti...please don 't have a ducky forum ..I need to get my life back.....Laura ..ahem 3,500 posts holy cow!
Old 07-20-2013   #38

Denver, Colorado
unofficial winner of the post count......Caspermike 5400. !...why is this crap so addictive?both boating and talking about it....
Old 07-20-2013   #39

dork, confusion
Paddling Since: 2000
Where do the tubers and boogie borders post?
chrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013   #40

at my house, Montana
Paddling Since: 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by cayo 2 View Post
they may not respect your opinion but "you lose all rights to say anything as a boater "...just a wee bit of an exaggeration considering that between you,I, and Randaddy, we have over 5000 posts...man I have more posts than Yeti...please don 't have a ducky forum ..I need to get my life back.....Laura ..ahem 3,500 posts holy cow!
These numbers are nothing! Are you on any other forums, so many where many have over 10k. Chatty stuff, chatty people! A lot less angry too. Visiting another forum for a month gives me a whole new perspective in the Buzz. Or perhaps it's that it is male dominated, vs female on this other one.

I'm grateful for caspermike- I'd hate to be the top poster around this crowd.