View Poll Results: Do you want to see an Inflatable Kayak forum?
Yes 29 48.33%
No 9 15.00%
Don't care 22 36.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-16-2013   #11
Beginner

Eastern Slope, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
If there is an SUP forum then there should be an IK forum. Way more IKs on the river running way harder whitewater. It's also been around for decades. Having an SUP forum on here is like Thrasher skate magazine having a rollerblade section in 1990. It's a fad and the admins have bought into it - so give the duckie a place too!

Randaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013   #12

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1976
yea! A duckie forum...so who's up for duckieing this weekend? Some friends are going to run the Milkrun with High Country River Runners and may do Browns too, but I would rather stay closer and run Clear Creek...anyone interested?

DEA4boating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013   #13

Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Added a poll to see what the majorities' opinions are on this.

I would say for now, if your posting about inflatable kayaking, put it in kayaking..... but really you can place your threads wherever you feel is appropriate.
Old 07-17-2013   #14
LSB
Renaissance Redneck

Huson, Montana
Paddling Since: 1988
If theres an IK forum we'll just have every overfed lily white Texan that visits Colorado posting trip reports about their guided duckie trip on every day run in the state.
Old 07-18-2013   #15

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1976
post in a public forum...brings out all the Haters...
I thought it would be nice to see and meet other Duckie runners as we dont paddle at the same rate as a hardshell, cant eddie out as fast and usually dont have the chance to play and surf..And I really dont see any kayaker groups saying to a solo duckie person, "hay, come join us" where as most rafters I know dont mind. And most of my duckie friends are rafters, who just want to be able to run some more whitewater when it gets too low for our bigger rafts.
So..Texans...please post up, I like to know the daily trip reports too..
DEA4boating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013   #16
The Russian

SLC, Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEA4boating View Post
where as most rafters I know dont mind.
Most rafters tolerate yakkers and IKers. Both bring nothing to the group except attitudes. IKers might carry their own weight, but I still have to haul their shit, their beer, their propane, their water, their kitchen, their firepans, their shelter, etc. And when they are tired pushing through flat water, I have to carry their freaking rubber. At least yakkers provide safety once in a while, when they are not busy catching waves.
Old 07-18-2013   #17

Buena Vista, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazak4x4 View Post
Most rafters tolerate yakkers and IKers. Both bring nothing to the group except attitudes. IKers might carry their own weight, but I still have to haul their shit, their beer, their propane, their water, their kitchen, their firepans, their shelter, etc. And when they are tired pushing through flat water, I have to carry their freaking rubber. At least yakkers provide safety once in a while, when they are not busy catching waves.
I assume some of this is said jokingly. If not, then you have expressed the exact attitude that has me going on a kayak self-support trip this weekend. We don't need no stinking rafts, and we certainly won't get stuck bitching in the headwind....
Old 07-18-2013   #18
The Russian

SLC, Utah
Just had one too many trips with "I am on vacation" attitude IKers.

Back to original post, I never pay attention which forum stuff is posted to. Clicking the Home/Portal link on top left of the page, shows all unread posts. Do people actually browse into the forums to look for info?
Old 07-18-2013   #19

Buena Vista, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazak4x4 View Post
Back to original post, I never pay attention which forum stuff is posted to. Clicking the Home/Portal link on top left of the page, shows all unread posts. Do people actually browse into the forums to look for info?
This is what I do as well, but I know some people only look at specific forums. This time of season I usually like to look at them w/o forums because there is generally more new threads than fit on the home/portal. The key (imo) to having things in the correct forum is for searches. You can narrow your search results by forum when using the advanced search, and that definitely helps with certain topics.
Old 07-18-2013   #20

Pinecliffe, Colorado
Paddling Since: 05
People do pay attention to what forum they are in, especially so if they are accessing the Buzz from a mobile device. When you access the buzz from a mobile, the forums are listed and you select which forum you want to read.

Not all IKers are as bad as the ones Kazak knows, I've met a few like that but not all, and they are annoying on a multiday raft trip. But that's not what the IK forum is about, its not a forum called "IK looking for multiday raft support". Are people who SUP the same way as these pesky IKers? I'm not sure as I only have met a few and there is now a SUP forum. Some IK people do actually carry all their gear some even self support, what a concept. Many IKers are rafters doing different runs, runs that don't support big rafts, getting out in an IK and leaving the big boat and all the other stuff that goes with it at home.There are a lot of people who IK and just want to plan day trips or self support. IK forum or not I guess what I gather is that IK posts go in Kayaking, although, as it has already been pointed out, most IKers are rafters who own IKs too. IK talk in with kayaking gear talk, and kayaking trip planner why?, the first word in IK is INFLATABLE.