Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2009   #11

bedlam and squalor, Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennMiko View Post
if your going to keep reposting the same thing maybe we could get you a sticky? teehee.
Boy you guys are fuuuuuuuunnnny AND original. What's really funny is that I actually mentioned that in the original thread that was deleted or moved or whatever happened to the first one I posted. I jokingly asked the moderators to make my thread a sticky. My comment was that 10 was such a nice even number, much better than 9.

So you seriously don't mind that the top third of the page are stickys that apparently noone has any interest in commenting on?

Shouldn't the info contained in most of the sticky threads be posted in "upcoming events" rather than the Boater's forum?

Where are all the moderators and admin. with their comments on the issue? I guess they're too busy deleting and moving threads to be bothered with it.

Why not just make the whole first page of the forum sticky? It would certainly increase traffic on page 2.

I just like to see something new every once in a while rather than the same old shit day after day, week after week pinned at the top of the page.

Old 04-26-2009   #12
gh

pnw, Washington
You make it sound like this is important enough to comment on. I moved the last one and I moved this one to support and feedback.

Old 04-26-2009   #13

Christopher Creek, Arizona
Paddling Since: 1969
The stickys could use a little tweaking I think. It is annoying when they keep surfacing up top of every page thru a thread. I do have to admit that I give an occaisional look look at the event date on the sticky to see when the number of them will be reduced. Perhaps the Buzz needs an events and issues forum or some other means to keep the stickys to a minimum.
Old 04-26-2009   #14

Local, Colorado
Send a message via AIM to paddlebizzle
perdido -
weather is getting warmer, and warm weather melts snow into liquid water, which filters down through the groundwater system into larger tributaries called rivers and creeks.

thus usually implies that said rivers and creeks, which were lying dormant during the winter, are now rising with snow melt. this means you take a kayak or a raft and travel through particular sections of rivers and creeks that have rapids suited to your taste and/or abilities. it's a ton of fun and a great way to enjoy the outdoors.

this is a kayaking forum, and it's going to be 70 degrees today. get a life and go boating or talk about boating instead of bitching about stickies.
Old 04-26-2009   #15

Eagle, Colorado
I agree

You know what. I agree 100%

I just started coming back to the Buzz after about a year or two hiatus. What I found was the top third of my screen was ads. (the first of which I saw was for some yuppie button down shirts) The next annoying thing was all the stickies.

To top it off my original user name was no longer valid. My second (heckling) username was gone too.

Sure isn't the good old days when frenchy ran the board. I could barely find the boating forums on my first stop. If I remember right this is a boaters forum. At least that is what the logo suggests.

Edit: Sorry paddlebizzle just given it to you how I see it. Plus its snowing in the mountains today can't boat. Not sure about how the sun works on the front range.
Old 04-26-2009   #16

Local, Colorado
Send a message via AIM to paddlebizzle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin! View Post

Edit: Sorry paddlebizzle just given it to you how I see it. Plus its snowing in the mountains today can't boat. Not sure about how the sun works on the front range.
Matt - you have herpies and you're angry because the good old days are looong gone. We've taken over the buzz and we're going to destroy it!

P.S. It's sunny and warm in the 303. I'm going boating/swimming (probably more of the latter). I'll call you this week....
Old 04-26-2009   #17

bedlam and squalor, Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by gh View Post
You make it sound like this is important enough to comment on. I moved the last one and I moved this one to support and feedback.

Well thanks so much for killing this thread again without addressing my questions gh. I'll just head back to the boaters forum and repost it. I'll repost every day until somebody from admin can give me a good reason why we need so many stickys, especially stickys that are as old and stale as the some of the ones that are up in the boaters forum now.
Old 04-26-2009   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perdido View Post
Well thanks so much for killing this thread again without addressing my questions gh. I'll just head back to the boaters forum and repost it. I'll repost every day until somebody from admin can give me a good reason why we need so many stickys, especially stickys that are as old and stale as the some of the ones that are up in the boaters forum now.
Please don't repost - that's just annoying. We are looking at some ways to reduce the number of stickies and the original comment about too many on the page has some merit, but we need some time to consider how to handle this.
Old 04-26-2009   #19

Idaho Springs, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perdido View Post
Boy you guys are fuuuuuuuunnnny AND original. .

didn't realize i wasn't the first one with that idea . . . i've been rafting and fishing the ark, not checking the buzz. although i concur . . . to many stickies.

Closed Thread