Old 10-17-2006   #1
Don

Preacher of the Profit Paddling Since: 1990
How many Forums do we really need?

This place is insane now. 14 different forums are you kidding me! I could understand when they added the Gear Swap page. No one wanted to read all the forsale posts. But, how freak'en PC have we gotten. This is getting really stupid now.

Does any one know which one is Mountainbuzz anymore? What is the point of a boaters forum if your not talking about gear, river alerts, or new stuff around the area. The whole idea of the Buzz was we are all different folks getting together online to chat- the only thing most of us had in common was that we ALL love to paddle. Now we all need to be seperated for our differences.

Am I even posting this in the right forum?

Old 10-17-2006   #2

Indian Hills, Colorado
How about adding a high school forum, where people can bitch, whine and insult each other like f'n adolecents.

DanOrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006   #3
God Amongst Men

Phuoc My, Da Nang, THE 'NAM
Paddling Since: 1845
i think you got it. when you look above the blue bar on top of the post it says "Mountain Buzz Forum Index - > Boater's Forum".........idk, maybe your system is different than mine, but thats how i know im in the right place.

for the record, there might be a couple too many, but i do like the idea of branching out. keeps the buzz free for straight boating convos and keeps the off topic topics, well, on the off topic forums. stuff like the Go Dawgs in SEC or whatever topic. just my twenty seven cents.
yetigonecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006   #4
gh

pnw, Washington
Actually I think this is more for the Eddy or Support and Feedback which I think this post would be more Feedback than Support.
So Don whats your major beef with the new format? Are you having trouble finding posts and having to look too many places or does it seem too PC for you?
Old 10-17-2006   #5

Vail, Colorado
I think the new format is great. There are definately times where I want to discuss beta on runs, boat info, gear, snow sports but there are also times where I want to discuss other topics. Being on here has alllowed me to get to know some of the people on the forum who also have other interests out side of boating so, why have to log onto another site, join another community when I can have all of my trash talking OT threads with the same people I help and seek help from on this forum. Don, not sure if you are ADD and cannot seem to focus on the threads you need but I find it easy to do so. NICE WORK Andy R. Steve Z.
Steve Zizzou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006   #6

Vail, Colorado
BTW: Shouldn't this be on the off topic section??
Steve Zizzou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006   #7
No seas pendejo

Bonedale, Ra'do
Paddling Since: Nam
Send a message via AIM to Uncle B
I agree

I too miss the random comments and misc boating talk. I could understand during the boating season breaking up the forum, but during the offseason the forum has always been about things other than boating. my two cents....Brent
Old 10-17-2006   #8
gh

pnw, Washington
Ok, I moved the topic to the appropriate forum.

UncleB, the offseason posts are still here, look in the eddy....and shouldnt you be working?
Old 10-17-2006   #9

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
When I log on, I just go to "View posts since last visit" these days (above the photo location) and hardly even bother dealing with looking into the sub-forums that Don's talking about unless I'm looking for something specific. That way I see all the new posts since my last visit.
Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006   #10
No seas pendejo

Bonedale, Ra'do
Paddling Since: Nam
Send a message via AIM to Uncle B
we are doing a lab..