Old 09-22-2006   #1

Somewhere on, Earth
Having trouble with your login?

There has been reports of people having trouble logging in and staying logged in the past (example). I have reviewed all the settings and made one tiny change (from http://mountainbuzz.com to http://www.mountainbuzz.com (note the www was added)

What this means is you should always access mountain buzz with the www. before the domain name (mountainbuzz.com). Please do NOT access the site without the www. It will cause you login errors.

Steps to take to get your login to work correctly.

1. Clear your mountain buzz cookies (you only need to clear the cookies for this domain). Click here to learn more about how to delete your cookies.
2. Go to http://www.mountainbuzz.com (make sure you have the www)
- If you have the old link bookmarked (without the www, make sure and update it to include the www).
3. Login

I have tested the above process on various browsers on 2 different computers. I was able to login and post successfuly. You should also now be able to use the swap without having to re-login.

Please post here and share how the above works for you. The more feedback we can get the better we can understand how this is working for everyone...

Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006   #2
I kayak DH.

Greater tri cities metro area, Colorado
sweet, I was just about to bitch about that! Works great now.

Waterwindpowderrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006   #3
gh

pnw, Washington
yep, fixed issues that i have had for years, thanks
Old 09-29-2006   #4
bkp
Butt-boater

Photographer, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Thanks Andy...all I had to do was dump those cookies and I was back in business!

-Bryan
www.bryankelsen.com
Old 09-29-2006   #5

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Thank you! This has been thwarting my efforts for weeks now. I managede to log in once after adding the www, but then it stopped working again. I just read this and tried removing mb cookies only without success. After removing all cookies I am finally logged in.

This has been a real pita. There is no support for folks who cannot log in. If I click on contact above it goes no where. As far as I can tell there is no way for a non member or one who cannot log in to get a hold of anyone for trouble shooting.
Dave Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006   #6

Somewhere on, Earth
Glad you got on...

For some reason it seems that even when you delete the cookies for Mountain Buzz they don't actually delete from the computer (when using IE). I think it works better in Firefox.

I am planning to send out an email to all our members via email (in the near future) as soon as a few other issues are resolved to let everyone know how make things work...
Old 09-29-2006   #7

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Still having issues. i am using Safari if it matters. I have changed my bookmarks to include the www, but even after getting there that way, when I go to log in, which I shouldn't have had to do anyway, it says invalid id or password. The login address in the browser did not contain the www, even though the page i started from did. I can then go up and add the www to the addy and then log in. i am closer to understanding some of this, but it is not landing in my lap as I am used to.

Dave
Dave Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006   #8
&d

gunnison, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
im not staying logged into the swap for even a single click, if i copy the links that i get redirected to, and delete the www. at the front, i stay logged in, i just cant workaround the submit button when im trying to edit my ad

FYI
&d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006   #9

Somewhere on, Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by &d
im not staying logged into the swap for even a single click, if i copy the links that i get redirected to, and delete the www. at the front, i stay logged in, i just cant workaround the submit button when im trying to edit my ad
Did you delete your cookies? I also had a member report that deleting a single cookie did not work but when they deleted all their cookies it worked and then they had no more problems.

What browser are you using?
Old 10-04-2006   #10
&d

gunnison, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
firefox, works fine now

come to think of it i was at work when i was doing that, thats IE something old

&d is offline   Reply With Quote