Old 09-22-2006   #11

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
Swap issues

I do log in with the www. It does let me log in but I am still sent in circles trying to place an ad. It goes from place an ad to log in and back to place an ad and to log in and so on and so on and so on.......... Can't get past step one. Any idea on when or if a repair will be finished on the link?

Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006   #12

Somewhere on, Earth
Re: Swap issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
I do log in with the www. It does let me log in but I am still sent in circles trying to place an ad. It goes from place an ad to log in and back to place an ad and to log in and so on and so on and so on.......... Can't get past step one. Any idea on when or if a repair will be finished on the link?
Warren,

It is real important that you make sure and delete your old cookies (just for mountain buzz). The issue is that the settings are set on both programs for cookies at .mountainbuzz.com (the only web interface is via www.). So that means the cookies need to be reset by accessing the site from a computer where it does not already have the cookies set.

If you need help on how to look for the mountain buzz cookies then let me know. Also, can you please report your browser info.

Thanks,

Andy

Andy R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006   #13

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
I have been unable to log in for a week or more. After reading this and adding the www all is normal. I have not tried any swap or pm functions.

By the way andy there does not seem tto be any way to make "contact". When I would try the contact bar nothing would open. I have been a litttle frustrated, but did not have any real need to post, so really it just kept from wasting (more) time and making unnessary sarcastic remarks, in particular about how many more people might be on the mountain if the lifts ran SLOWER.
Dave Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006   #14

Unincorporated Douglas County, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
I changed the address I use to include www. I use Netscape. I can log in to the forums ok, but I could do that before I changed to www. I just tried to contact a seller on swap and was told I had to register and was then told that some one already had my user name.
rwhyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006   #15

Somewhere on, Earth
It is real important that you delete your mountain buzz cookies. What this does is remove the old cookies that might not be set properly and allow the system to set new cookies which would be with www at the begining.

If you don't remove your old cookies, the system will see that you already have your mountain buzz cookies and not reset everything properly (although it should work for the forums).

So please make sure you remove your old mountain buzz cookies.

In Firefox you would go to Tools >> Options >> Security >> Cookies Tab >> View Cookies >> type in "mountain" and it will show you the cookies from the Mountain Buzz. Delete them and then re-login. From this point you should be set...

To remove the cookies from Internet Explorer you have 2 options. One is to delete all your cookies (which will require you to login at all websites that might have been stored). This option is easy and sure to get rid or your cookies but can be a pain (to have to re-login at all those other sites too.

The other option is to go to your cookie folder on your computer. Look through that folder and delete the cookie that has @mountainbuzz.com as part of the name. On Windows XP you can find your cookie folder at C:\Documents and Settings\Andy\Cookies.
Make sure that Andy in the above path is set to your XP login name. A good way to do this is to go to the C Drive and then click on Documents and Settings. Then look for your username (click on it) and then you will see the folder called Cookies. Go in there and delete the @mountainbuzz.com cookie and re-login.

Please report back here. I REALLY need feedback as I want to get this login issue fixed since the forum software upgrade had to be postponed.

Thanks again for your help.
Old 09-23-2006   #16

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
Just deleting the cookies in the cookie manager that were listed under the mountainbuzz site did not work. The only thing that worked is using the delete cookies link you have attached to the login after the place ad link.
Thanks
WS
Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006   #17

hi there! there appears to be a syntax error in Line 196, at least that's where it tells me it will have to debug...

Thanks!!!
redbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006   #18

Somewhere on, Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeard
hi there! there appears to be a syntax error in Line 196, at least that's where it tells me it will have to debug...
Hmmm, I just tried to post and ad (hoping it would give me the same error). Instead the ad posted fine.

Can you let me know what category you were trying to post and ad for? Are you attaching photos? If so, what kind (gif, jpeg)? What step of the process did it give you that error?

I know it is a lot of info, but I need to get as much as possible to figure this out...
Old 09-26-2006   #19

with a little messing around my login problems went away. thanks andy.

bill is offline   Reply With Quote