Old 08-12-2008   #1

Geologist, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1991
Checkin' em off one by one

Hey, an idea came upon me to simplify responses to a bunch of threads. Can the admins add a checklist to the site? Under your username profile would be a link to a checklist that would contain all the runs in, say "The New Testament." You could check off all the runs you have done and mtnbuzz would keep up with your list. Then, if you ask a question about your abilities, someone could look at your "resume" and give a more appropriate response.

Just a mtnbuzz nerd thought, but hey, isn't that what this section is for?

jonny water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008   #2

B.F.E., Wyoming
That is a cool idea

freexbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008   #3

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
I am sure that some people would lie about their resume, but since the active posters are a fairly small community we would have a solid idea about who is full of it. I say go for it.

It would also be cool to do a search for who has done a specific run, whether it was done in a raft, kayak, or canoe, and then be able to ask them questions about it. Maybe even flow info. IMHO.
raftus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008   #4

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
f that! why judge somebody at all or even on the runs only in the new test? it is about skills you learned not just what you have run boys. you could say you did gore and walk gore and tunnel. you still want full credit. lame idea to be judging eachother when the quickest way is to just boat with the bastard.

what do you think whitechocolatte?
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008   #5

Golden, Colorado
I am an expert at converting class V+/V runs into scenic IV+/V-. If I were not honest about that my public checklist could make me look like a class V paddler. If I were not honest about that to myself it could be dangerous.
Ture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008   #6

I think it would be a cool idea to see what others have run but I agree that it can be skewed to make people look like they run harder stuff then they have. That said I wouldn't assemble a crew based off a buzz checklist so as long as everyone takes it with a grain of salt there should be no harm from it.

Also, as long as he was honest we could have proof that yeti only looks/takes pictures of waterfalls and doesn't run them.

Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote