Old 11-03-2006   #1

CENSORSHIP

What happened to that thread about Kerry's comment?Did it get out of hand,was it moved ?censored?I spent alot of time reading all of that and wrote a long reply,even tried to be civil ,then when I tried to submit it it was erased and I couldn't log on again,thought it was my pos computer,but now I see it is gone.Just wondering where the line is drawn.What happened?

Thanx

cayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006   #2

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Its still swirling around in the Eddy:

http://mountainbuzz.com/viewtopic.php?t=11535

Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006   #3
gh

pnw, Washington
I am moving this to feedback
Old 11-03-2006   #4
gh

pnw, Washington
I can still post to that thread so you should be able to as well. As far as I know the thread is still open to posts.
Old 11-03-2006   #5

student
It seems their is a program that picks up key terms and places a topic into the most appropiate forum. The Kerry topic did not disappear, it moved itself to another forum, The Eddy, which is for off topic material. I have a feeling this is where most of the posts over the winter will end up. As soon as somone takes the posting into another direction other than boating, the topic jumps locations. Just incase this one wants to jump ship, I will now talk about boating.

Rivers are cool. I like to kayak. I have 4 boats and they are all very colorful. The outfitting is a dream. My paddle is super light and stiff. I have 3 paddles, how many do you have? What rivers are good right now? I bet baily is not up this weekend.
howlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006   #6

student
Maybe I am wrong. Maybe the "Buzz Team" moves these things around. Now I am confused.
howlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006   #7

Fort Collins/GWS, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
the now

Hey, political topics need the utmost attention right now if we want to have rivers and oceans to paddle. Last time I checked rivers and oceans are the reason we can paddle in the first place. We need to get people in office that understand these complex issues. We as paddlers need to understand this connection and take action.

RIGHT NOW, political topics have everything to do with boating, look at the bigger picture. The real big one. Let us educate, insult, and argue with eachother about these topics, its very important. Moving or changing these topics is a bad call.
adrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006   #8
gh

pnw, Washington
That post in question has always been in the eddy which is where it belongs.
Old 11-03-2006   #9

Systems & Process Design, Colorado
I think it is fair to say that if a post starts out as "on topic" within a forum the buzz crew will not move it... even if it strays off topic.

However if a post starts out as "off topic" there is a good chance that the thread will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Old 11-19-2006   #10

Well the same thing happened again, while I found the post that had been moved,I have been unable to submit a couple of long posts that were time consuming to write. I am guessing it may hve something to do with the length,is there a way to retrieve a reply if it erases when you try to post it?
I am probably paranoid but , one common denominator to both posts is that they were highly critical of US foriegn policy and gave specific details ,not widely known,about the tactics employed to slander a certain world leader,whose has among his primary opposition a major share holder in one of the MAJOR INTERNET PROVIDERS and who was largely instrumental in the campaign to smear him. I s it possible that censors at a level higher than those who run this site,monkey wrench posts with certain key words,here and elsewhere on the internet?IT'S PROBABLY MY POS ,BUT I have to wonder!

cayo is offline   Reply With Quote