Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Mountain Buzz Community > Support & Feedback

Old 07-02-2013   #11

Christopher Creek, Arizona
Paddling Since: 1969
You all afraid to post this much fun onto the boater forum? I've seen it done on "Mountain" streams, rivers and lakes plus on some knarly drops...ELFin the Selway comes to mind... Next thing will be a waterfall record or some such thing. The folks ive seen doinit sure had a "Buzz" going. Perhaps its time to move this thread or just create a "Board" forum? Perhaps it is time to uncloset this phenom? Just Sayin.

fdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013   #12
GoBro

BZN, Montana
Paddling Since: 2008
When SUP'ers start drinking their (backlogged) booties I'll start giving a shit.

Old 07-02-2013   #13
GoBro

BZN, Montana
Actually I take that back. I'll start caring when they start to surpass what can be done while striding. Don't worry I'll wait.
Old 07-02-2013   #14

Crested Butte, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
Suping is weak! Mountain buzz should never cater to such bullshit!

P.S In two years(maybe even less) there are going to be so many used Sup boards for sale and no one will want to buy them!
RockyMt.Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013   #15

I know some older folks who grew up in the surf. Best watch what they do now before you talk so down on it. Chill a bit; Its just another way to get down the river afterall.
Old 07-02-2013   #16
GoBro

BZN, Montana
Please tell me how it's better more capable or safer than striding? How could it possibly be more fun than striding when you spend most of the time pulling yourself back on the board?

Flat water/ocean paddling... I get it, although most people would still probably enjoy striding more just as most people enjoy flatwater kayaking over flat water canoeing. The lowest common denominator paddlers want ease of use and low stress activities.
Old 07-02-2013   #17

As this sport develops, carving edges, board geometry as well as materials/construction will evolve. I've watched youngsters grow into extreme talents whether it be canoeing, kayaking, whatever. All I' m saying is that what is now called sup ing will evolve or merge into some kinda extreme ww passion. Who's to stop it and why would anyone want to? I would like to witness the progress and the buzz is an easy enough place to do that. In the world of x-sport, striding will be relegated into the junkyard soon enough although that may be a good way to spectate for old folks like me.
Old 07-02-2013   #18

Arkansas during the off-season Nomadic during the summers! :), Arkansas & Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenn View Post
When SUP'ers start drinking their (backlogged) booties I'll start giving a shit.
If SUPpers were held to the bootie beer standard we kayakers are they would die of alcohol poisoning!
gannon_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013   #19

BV, CO
Paddling Since: 96
All that matters is if folks are getting on the rio and enjoying themselves. I know a lot of class 5 kayakers loving their SUPing.
Phil U. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013   #20
GoBro

BZN, Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil U. View Post
I know a lot of class 5 kayakers loving their SUPing.
I know a lot of class 5 kayakers who love their subarus. That doesn't mean a subaru is an appropriate tool for whitewater...

The posts above are mostly just having a laugh, but anyone who seriously thinks SUP is cutting edge doesn't know what's going on. Anyone that seriously thinks a SUP will out perform a strider setup in rapids doesn't know whats going on. SUPs can paddle flat water fast and surf. Apparently this happens too which is pretty cool.