Old 12-02-2011   #1
You are naive angry hillbillies

You guys who just want to cut Washington are naive angry hillbillies.

Government workers aren't payed much and they do a pretty good job. Government is not not perfect, but we've cut so much, that what's left, there's rarely no better solution.

Look around, the recession was caused by market greed by Bankers & Wall street.

The thing that gets me pissed is that I have seen some huge examples of private enterprises trying to decieve me and rip me off. I'm happy to pay someone to make $150K a year if they do something value, but people are trying to make $500K through deception.

I've seen it with mortgages, health equipment, and veterinaries. Perhaps Denver is starting to take on characteristics of New York City.

I'm often pissed about small town government as much as anyone, but on a national scale, privatizing everything scares me.

Extreme solutions are not the answer. Let's look for balance.

basil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011   #2
Shit Creek, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Oh Basil.
You are right on one thing, I am a hillibilly. I like camo and flannel. I wear Carharts (old ones) and cowboy boots. I like firearms and prefer to shoot what I eat. I still like Hank Jr's music and think Ronald Reagan was a great president. However, I was educated at one of them fancy liberal schools and had to do more than draw pictures with charcoaled sticks on the wall of my cave to make it out of there with an $85,000 piece of paper. I can even read!

I do agree that balance is needed. Private industry is terrible, mostly in the larger corporations it seems to me. Some dork in a suit who has never actually done any of the work his/her company does is making the decisions for the company based on his/her paycheck/stock options/bonus and profits. Not to be well respected for being honest, producing a quality product, being a true enviromental steward, or ever helping anyone do anything but part with their money.
As for the government ,the people who actually put in 40 hrs a week doing a real job for the government arent that bad (that I know of), though I disagree with you about their paychecks not being that much. It's the people who are actually making policies that suck. All of them. If people dont believe the politicians and the big corporations/banks are giving each other the reach around I dont know what you can believe.
I am curious as to what the government does now that you would hate to see privatized.

See what happens when I have free time? I have 2 jobs and try to stay busy, otherwise I just get into trouble.

Speak of Peace, (but carry a big gun)
powdahound76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011   #3
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Originally Posted by basil View Post
Extreme solutions are not the answer. Let's look for balance.
No deal! Tea Party for ever!
eklars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011   #4
pnw, Washington
The Tea Party is the party of normal people doing the bidding of rich people for the sake of rich people. Enjoy.
"Yesterday I was clever and tried to change the world. Today I am wise and try to change myself." -Rumi
gh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011   #5
Grand Junction, Colorado
For some reason, there is a massive movement in this country to strive for greater in-brededness. I don't understand how anyone in their right mind could vote republican, unless they're completely ignorant, or perhaps they're a part of the problem. As for these old grey hairs that don't want to pay taxes and yet still say that no one should touch their medicare or social security, why don't we just take their benefits right now!! After all, that's what they're trying to do to the younger generations.

I also forgot to mention that many these same people who sit on medicare and social security right now want to do things like abolish the department of education. So that way, you'll only be able to get a student loan if you're rich family can cosign for a loan from a stingy bank at high interest rates or pay for your education outright. That way, the vast majority of young people can be less educated and less competitive in the world.
Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011   #6
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
the government is a joke.. they directly influence wall street its all the same. a few great examples are the prescription drug industry, good ol' gas and oil industry, prison industry, real estate industry, plus what we are not hearing about..

Some people need to wake up from the government propoganda
Video - Breaking News Videos from
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011   #7
., ...
Paddling Since: 2010
Anyone see the Daily Show on 12/1/11? Some good examples there! Great monitary policies...pisses me off!
Pro Leisure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011   #8
I love the Republican argument to avoid taxing the wealthy, like me. They say we are job creators. Yes, please keep my taxes low so I can create jobs like mowing my lawn, taking my bags at the ski lodge, helping me with my coat at the restaurant........

It seems like one thing we can all agree on is to take money out of Washington politics. Replacing all members of government will fix things for 6 months. (Power corrupts....). I think the only solution is have government funding of campaigns. This will use up 0.01% of our taxes.

Also, too bad the Republican members of the Supreme Court overturned key parts of the campaign finance law.
basil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011   #9
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Originally Posted by gh View Post
The Tea Party is the party of normal people doing the bidding of rich people for the sake of rich people. Enjoy.
Actually thats called a job.
eklars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #10
Dillon, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1981
What has any of this to do with whitewater?

mcgow13 is offline   Reply With Quote