View Poll Results: Where do you get this crazy political shit?
Campain Website Propoganda 0 0%
Digg 1 10.00%
Drudge Report 1 10.00%
Other 9 90.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-07-2008   #21
Self-Aggrandizing jackass
The Ranch, Colorado
Paddling Since: 04
Originally Posted by cayo 2 View Post
Just out of curiosity ,what is the downside of the scientific method,other than maybe the opposition it's conclusions sometimes generate?
Nazi human experimentation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
To name but one.

Science linked to the absolute flexibility of human 'morality' can be fascinating.

Science produced mustard gas, and mustard gas produced chemotherapy.

When the health care system is reformed, people will generally live longer and better, but we'll have to tell the parents of premature babies that they'll just have to go make a new one and let the premie die. That's how I see it. Although it could be that the United States will become fiscally insolvement before it comes to that.

"self-aggrandizing jackass" - it says it right on the label
heliodorus04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #22
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
I didn't think of that angle,so the lack of moral restraint in its application.Isn't that more people's fault than the method's,guess about everything is our faultWe are workin' on the insolvency thing

cayo 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #23
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Hey this is a first,I am in the majority ,In Dan's poll;

Drudge 1
Diggs 1

I PROUDLY VOTED 'OTHER' and am currently waving a flag with a picture of 'The Other'.You know that telepathic kid that made his cousin jump on a pitchfork.
cayo 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008   #24
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
Originally Posted by DanOrion View Post
The eddy has looked like confluence at flood with all the political copy-paste crap being posted. What's your typical source?
1. Jon Stewart
2. Eastern Liberal Media Elites
DurangoSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008   #25
pnw, Washington
In short, I am on the Obama train.
I am glad to hear that you are remaining in the process. I think opting out just takes thinking people out of the process and it helps the machine. If you want to start some type of grass roots reform then count me in. I am really surprised that unrest hasnt already started. Irrational war, reporters getting bashed at RNC, phones illegally tapped, people being tortured. Jeez, I would be surprised if you werent pissed off.
"Yesterday I was clever and tried to change the world. Today I am wise and try to change myself." -Rumi
gh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008   #26
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
I guess the reason I will vote Obama could be compared to the pseudo-Christian who never goes to church but still claims he is a Christian for the "just in case" mentality.

The problem I have IS the "process". The 2 party system is rigged. The way I see it right now is that the ruling elite will win regardless of who becomes the next president. Both parties serve the ruling elite. The 2 parties work together to ensure that the ruling elite will always win, and no one else is even allowed in the competition for power.

If you don't believe that then take a look at Ron Paul or Dennis Kucinich as examples. They go against the mainstream status quo by talking about the real issues. (Over-extended empire, rampant foreign policy, bloated military spending, IRS issues, big gov't, breaking the law, Constitutional abuse) Also, if you look at the public opinion polls you will see that what the public wants is way different compared to what the ruling elite does. Ron Paul was killing it in the polls on the Internet blogs and grassroots media sites, but the MSM (who are owned by the ruling elite) didn't even list him on their polls. It was during this process that my hunch of the rigged system turned into a definite.

If the Dems are so "progressive" then why don't they get a pair of balls and say it like it needs to be said? Look at how they talk about Iraq. They say things like, "Iraq was a mistake" or "Iraq was an endeavor that was poorly mismanaged." If you look at the facts that have now come out it would be more appropriate to say, "Iraq was a CRIME!" But, they won't and they CAN'T. Why? Probably because it would expose them to their own complicity. And, I am sick of hearing this "If we knew now what we did not know then." That is complete bullcrap. You are trying to tell me that you didn't know what over half of the world knew. You are an educated politican in the US and you didn't have ample enough information to know this war was a total crock of shit. At least 10 million people knew it was a crock.. BBC NEWS | Europe | Millions join global anti-war protests Oh, spineless democrats... My guess is that you knew, but you were too afraid of losing your votes. You were too afraid the MIC and the ruling elite would make sure you would never go anywhere with your political career.

You know, Obama said in his speech how John McCain voted for Bush 90% of the time. It would be interesting to see how many times Obama voted FOR bush. I would guess it would be up there in the 70% range. The Dems never attack the central features of Republican crimes - only the periphery. Why?

In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist. We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or democratic processes. We should take nothing for granted. Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals, so that security and liberty may prosper together. ---Dwight Eisenhower

The democrats and republicans are wrapped up together in this "rise of misplaced power." The sooner more progressives start seeing this the better chance we have of taking back our country. Our liberties and democratic processes are nearly gone. The Republicans AND the Democrats are slowly eroding these liberties. Obama was a part of that process by signing the FISA bill. Do not let anybody tell you that it was not a big deal. It took a gigantic chunk out of your 4th Amendment rights.

Oh, and I think the unrest in America has started. The MSM just does a great job of NOT covering it. Again, so few people in the US knew that 6 to 10 million people worldwide protested (the biggest single protest in the history of mankind) before the Iraqi invasion because the MSM barely even mentioned it. It is also just like how they do a great job of NOT covering the Iraq occupation. Out of sight and out of mind makes Americans think things are just nifty. Another reason why the MSM is DANGEROUS! I also think it has now become a terrifying endeavor to stand up and protest. Look at all of the people who were beaten and arrested in St Paul for excercising their First Amendment rights.

Alright, I'm done with the eddy for awhile...homework to do.
marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008   #27
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
This is a true movement for change.

Ron Paul’s Campaign For Liberty | The Revolution Continues

A letter from Ron Paul.

Dear friends,
What a thrilling week we've just had - three days of wonderful events, culminating in the great Rally for the Republic on September 2, which C-SPAN2 covered in its entirety. Americans got to hear more truth in our one day in Minneapolis than in decades' worth of standard political conventions.
I hope you were as impressed with the speakers and the performances as I was. The day reaffirmed for me that the movement on behalf of our philosophy is blessed with brains, talent, and verve.
If you missed it, we'll be making the whole thing available soon. In the meantime, you can watch whatever speakers you'd like to see right here.
Now it's time to turn to the hard work of the Campaign for Liberty. We have our work cut out for us. Our economic woes are being foolishly blamed on the free market. The federal government is taking over Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, as those of us with any sense feared it would. We face the looming prospect of still more wars: with Iran, Russia, and now Pakistan.
We need to inject some sanity into these debates.
Right now, though, I wish simply to thank you for all your sacrifices and hard work. Just when I think I cannot be any more amazed by your commitment to our ideas, you go and surprise me again. I deeply appreciate your devotion to our cause.
Remember one of the most important things our presidential campaign proved: there are millions of us out there. If 1.2 million Americans voted for our ideas in a Republican primary, think of how many more there must be.
We are not alone. We know that now. And when it comes to energy, creativity, and enthusiasm, our side wins hands down. I know these will be our secret weapons as we keep up the fight in these dark times to restore our republic, and to see peace and prosperity transformed from a campaign slogan into a way of life.
Please, recruit one more person to the Campaign for Liberty today.
marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008   #28
Denver, Colorado
Uh-oh, Blutzki is surely going to vote for Palin now...

Palin Characterized Ron Paul As ‘Cool.’ During an interview with MTV in February, Palin called Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX), who ran against McCain in the primaries, “cool.” “He’s a good guy,” she added. “He’s so independent. He’s independent of the party machine. I’m like, ‘Right on, so am I.’ ” [MTV News, 8/29/2008]

Although, I'd put money on Bruno's newborn knowing more about RP than Palin.
"I think I handled my alcohol pretty well considering how drunk I was." -Cousin Dan
Livingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008   #29
Wild Wild West, Colorado
River Running with Budda

Check out "Deer Hunting With Jesus" - might help give a real-life and even humorous context for Chomsky's spot-on, but inaccessible media analysis.
Droboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008   #30
Golden, Colorado

Couldn't agree more with you. From your past posts I get the feeling that your on the left while I'm on the right of the political spectrum. But the fact that we agree wholeheartedly on these "core" issues demonstrates the fact that more unites us than divides us. If any of us value vigorous debate, we need to ensure that we continue to live in a country where that is possible, but more importantly we need to ensure that we live in a country where our vigorous debate actually amounts to something, and as Marko said, we're to the point where it doesn't. What's the saying? If voting made any difference, it would be illegal.

Corporations control the Government and it really doesn't matter to them which president is elected or what we bitch about on MntBuzz. They still get their way. Watch "Why We Fight" to see why even Eisenhower was impotent to take any action against the corporations who controled the military-industrial complex. If anyone thinks Obama is going to bring change, I have news. If Eisenhower, a five-star general was impotent, Obama has no chance, no matter how well intentioned.

If any of you want real change, go ahead and vote for the turd-sandwich or giant-douche in this election that you think will do the least harm over the next 4 years, but then join Ron Paul’s Campaign For Liberty so that we can work on real change over the long term. No, he's not going to be elected president, but the Campaign for Liberty is a grass-roots effort that will work to get local politicians, senators and congressmen elected to office that support liberty, non-interventionist foreign policy, and sound economic policy. Issues that all Americans can agree on. On issues where there will always be vigorous debate, listen to this speech by Tucker Carlson at the Rally for the Republic on why you should support Ron Paul and his message regardless of what end of the political spectrum you're on. Skip forward to 1:15 if you don't want to listen to the whole thing.

blutzski is offline   Reply With Quote