Old 05-06-2011   #11
Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 93
Mama D's works but my kids are partial to Amica's, at least I can get a beer at Amica's. Rivervibe, where does your garden grow?

Snowhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011   #12
Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Oh yes, I like Amica's, but it's nice to actually use my kitchen from time to time... for more than just coffee. Since you asked, my garden grows in my mind... it's all sunny and bright in there with hummingbirds, full rivers, and other woodland creatures. Then I open my eyes, remember that I'm spending way too much time reading the "internet", shed a silent tear for not having planted a garden, and imagine "Bambi Meets Godzilla" in its entirety (YouTube - Bambi Meets Godzilla).

Please take a look at my Photo Web Gallery.
I also have here some gear reviews (that I might update soon).
rivervibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011   #13
ebbing, flowing..., CO, NM
Paddling Since: 1985
thanks RDNEK! Stoked on the CSA thing! I think it was really just the prices at Safeway that alarmed us more than anything... seriously, I didn't think that there was a more expensive grocery store than Whole Foods in Santa Fe... let alone a regular plain old chain market! Yeah, we have been to both of the natural food stores & found them both super friendly! Again, just bummed to see that prices are difficultly high & that walmart lecherously caresses the community as the affordable option... :P
Journeys of a River Mamma Blog "Ever onward, ever forward, ever down the River!"- Ed Abbey
RiverMamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011   #14
TOUCHDOWN, Mississippi
Paddling Since: 2000
I live in Colorado springs and the Sunflower Market is th SHIT. Easily the selection and quality of whole foods at 1/2 the price.

I know a lot of you hillbillies come down to Costco and sams, check this place out if you're in the hood!
OleMissBoater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011   #15
Technology Partner, Littleton, Colorado
Send a message via AIM to mvhyde
The was a funny response Mike! Good seeing your family and you at Fibark. Henry had fun with Miles. We can't wait to see Miles ripping it up in the future!
And the Lord said, let there be whitewater. So on Friday, the 13th day of the month....
mvhyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011   #16
ebbing, flowing..., CO, NM
Paddling Since: 1985
YEEHAWWW!!!! The Ploughboy (local/organic produce/meat/cheese/ fresh baked bread/ awesome other stuff) is up and running in full force & FREAKING ROCKS!!! Loving that place!!! (seriously, almost completely local & never feel like I spend a fortune in there...) STOKED!!!
Journeys of a River Mamma Blog "Ever onward, ever forward, ever down the River!"- Ed Abbey
RiverMamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011   #17
buena vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2009
Colorado Local Market

Here's what you're looking for. My sister-in-law started this thing. Go to There you can shop on line for everything from breads to meats to veggies and fruits. They do all the leg work to all the local farms and you go pick it up on the day and time for your area. Salida's pick up is at the Sweet Pea Farm on Hwy 50 and H st. Wed. 10a-4pm. B.V's is at the CCFA Farmers Market Thurs. 9a-1pm. There's on in Canon City too I think. It's all fresh, local and organic and the prices are more than fair considering all the time they spend collecting your food.

turtle is offline   Reply With Quote