Old 06-28-2016   #41
Jackson, Wyoming
Originally Posted by curtis catman View Post
Yeah it seems all fun and games until one of these he gal she hes' is in the public restroom with your 8 year old daughter. I mean you can be what ever you want to be but do not force it on me or mine. I don't force my beliefs on anyone. That is what the liberals do. Oh guns are bad, they shoot people. Oh cars drive drunk. Oh spoons make us fat. Oh computers are responsible for identity theft and fraud.

Anyway if you are a boy and want to be a girl that is just fine. Just don't go trying to shower in the girls room if you got a twinky between your legs.

What if your 8 year old son is in the bathroom with a catholic priest? Guess what, the transgendered person probably doesn't want to f*uck your kid. If you think legislation like this is to protect, you're way off. It is nothing but pushing an agenda- just like 99% of all legislation. It's a distraction for the gullible so they don't realize how many ways they are being f*cked, and none of them have anything to do with public restrooms.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

wyosam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016   #42
Charleston, West Virginny
Paddling Since: 1996
Originally Posted by bucketboater View Post

You're going be fine ,the tranys aren't going to hurt you. Id think any lgtbq is going to get the fuck out of West Virginia the first chance they get.

I'm not sure why you would say that? least in some parts have a pretty large LGTB demographic really and although there are always some jackholes no matter where you go, there are plenty of accepting communities/areas.

I personally think it's weird to worry about what other people do with their junk...

This got ugly fast.

2kanzam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016   #43
Denver-ish, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Hell everybody on here is bored to tears that is why we are having this conversation anyhow. Hope I did not hurt to many feelings.
How on earth are you bored in WV? I just saw video of the Gauley at 15k. Go get your boat wet.

“HOLD THE DOOR!” — Hodor
yesimapirate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016   #44
Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2011
Anyway if you are a boy and want to be a girl that is just fine. Just don't go trying to shower in the girls room if you got a twinky between your legs.
So how exactly do you define gender? Purely physical? Because in recent times the mindset of "liberals" is that gender is not purely physical but also an emotional or "internal" thing that is ingrained into your brain. This is why there are girls born as boys or boys born as girls. The liberal thought is that gender is not purely physical while the conservative thought is you are what you're born as.

You all need to read the new law that passed a couple weeks ago that is allowing these things on federal property.
What "things" do you speak of? I hope you're not referring to people as things.
mattoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016   #45
Bazzaro, World
Paddling Since: 2020
I just want to apologize to anyone who has came across an open air river side grooving station with me doing my morning business. That has to be worst than transgenders in the bathroom.

dirtbagkayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016   #46
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1800
Gender politics aside, I'd rather pee in the river or take care of "bizness" outside, under the open sky, on any given day of the year. Public bathrooms gross me out because too many people don't wash their hands, (yuck factor), whether they're kids, adults, gay, straight, trans or whatever.

I do have to give it to the fellas, you guys have a definite advantage of much easier, quicker access to being able to pee when you're wearing a drysuit, ski pants, etc., & being able to pee standing up, let alone write your name in the snow while doing it, has to be pretty awesome

....just sayin'.
ranamafana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016   #47
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1800
One more thought.....ever notice how much less shame people seem to have on the river about those basic bodily functions? Once the uninitiated get over their horror over having to poop in a box for whatever length of time, it turns into something to laugh at. How many times has anyone here floated by a fellow human sitting on a groover, admiring the fine view of the river, or vice versa, and not felt embarassed as would be the case for most, in a more "legit" public bathroom that that happened to be lacking a door for privacy.

It's just one more thing to love about the river, and river people, everyone poops in the same box, we're all equal & gender politics are pretty much a non-issue,with several important exceptions!!! 1)The groover is too close to the kitchen, & interferes with the smell of morning coffee, or 2) so far away from the kitchen/hang out zone that late night groovers might lose their way, or be eaten by chupacabras, or 3) The groover is perched on an overhanging ledge or other precarious type spot right over a rapid, so that a mandatory rule has to be put in place, that any late night tipsy groovers must wear their life jackets at all times when doing anything groover related, unless they are supervised
ranamafana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016   #48
Rivertown, West Virginia
Paddling Since: 9:45
I am just stirring the pot folks. Thanks for playing along. I will say it one more time as I did in the original post. If you want to be a girl or boy or both or neither that is fine with me.

Oh, and I was not referring to people when I said things. In that case I should have said acts. I love how open minded people such as your selves attack anyone who does not agree with your point of view. It speaks volumes to your open mindedness.
I am an American Whitewater member. One of 6300. There are an estimated 100000 paddlers in the U S. If you are not a member you should join. AW is fighting for our rivers everyday and could use some help.
curtis catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016   #49
Eastern Slope, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
Curtis, I give you credit for speakin your mind AND for stirring the pot. I hope you can forgive any heat from my end; this is a topic I care about and have a hard time seeing both sides of. I also meant it when I said "see you at Biscuit World!" I love West By God and her people! I'll be on the Gauley every release this fall. Just look for the bearded guy with the wooden paddle.
Randaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016   #50
Post Falls, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2000
I can quite easily see both sides of this debate. I really do feel we all suck at allowing people to maintain their own thinking and opinions. Change is hard and when somethings been one way for all of our lives and longer it's easy to make some people's head spin. Honestly I didn't know this was an issue until it's national news all of a sudden.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mountain Buzz mobile app

Paul7 is offline   Reply With Quote