Old 07-09-2013   #21
Medford, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1984
I do a combination video that includes still and movies. I do them for most of my major trips. I use Pro Show Producer to make and render the show. That is a very robust, but complex program, but I also use a video editor, for now Windows movie maker does the trick because our video clips are short. I like Pro Show because of all the special effects, panning and zooming I can do with clips, and I can time the music down to the tenth of a second. I have a Vimeo account for longer shows and you can password protect them, that way you don't run into copyright infringement issues with the music. This is a short one I did with Windows.

rivers2run is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013   #22
Medford, Oregon
Video editing

Originally Posted by lhowemt View Post
If any of you guys are computer gurus and know of the dream machine for gopro editing at around $1k, let me know. I like costco and don't like newegg for such purchases, just because of return policy. Not sure about best buy and am clueless about the rest. Thanks-
I had a custom computer made for video editing. The beast handles hd rendering like a charm and I have 2 hard drives. I use an SSD (solid state hard drive) for my programs and a terabyte hard drive for data. The solid state is incredibly fast for rendering and it writes to the terabyte hard drive. It is a great setup for video rendering super fast. You might want to check with Digital Storm computers. I spent about $1100 on it. The Macs are good too but Apple isn't putting up as much effort into computers any more it is all about tablets. Digital storm prides itself on customer service.

Old 07-09-2013   #23
Medford, Oregon
Nice job!