Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Other Chatter > The Eddy

Old 09-11-2008   #91
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
Originally Posted by El Flaco View Post
All I know is... Gina Gershon is HOT:
Gina Gershon Strips Down Sarah Palin from Gina Gershon
Funny and HOT: I love Gina Gershon. I want her to be vice president! She is qualified, right?

DurangoSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008   #92
Kayak/SUP Instructor
The High Ground, Colorado
Originally Posted by cayo 2 View Post
Kevin,Just because science has yet to prove something doesn't mean it eventually won't.It is an on going self critical process not a closed system like religion.
You're kidding right? Is this satire?

"Let us cross the river to the other side and rest beneath the shade of the trees." ~ Last words of Thomas Jonathan ''Stonewall' Jackson
Theophilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008   #93
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
THEO , I don't mean to say that science will eventually prove everything but that they may prove some unproven things eventually.YOU AREN'T GOING TO ARGUE THAT RELIGION IS BEING UNDULY TREATED BY SCIENCE ARE YOU.? I think it's the other way around.Sometimes the scientific community gets overconfident in their theories,but good science is self critical and there is a nexus of supporting facts,a hell of a lot more than can be said of religion,which as stated is a closed system.Their authority rests upon sanctity not fact.it is dependent upon being exclusive of other possibilities. Not satire ,religion is the farce.We could use a good dose of morality though,yeah but whose?
cayo 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008   #94
Self-Aggrandizing jackass
The Ranch, Colorado
Paddling Since: 04
Originally Posted by Theophilus View Post
You're kidding right? Is this satire?
I won't say religion is a farse. Only people who claim to know god's intentions for the universe.

Stephen Hawking, paraphrased:
"If the ultimate objective of science is the 'Grand Unification Theory' (explanation: a single, mathematically provable equation that explains everything), it is possible that part of that equation contains the axiom "Human beings cannot find the equation."

Two key distinctions between the scientific method and any faith.
1) Repeatable, provable results
2) Willingness to admit the error of mistaken theories

Dear Religion:
I have a question!

Dear Asrologists:
I have a question!
Why do you purport that the gravity and orbital position of the 8 (or 7) planets at the time of a person's birth affects their personality, yet discount the moon, which exerts more gravitational effect on Earth than any other heavenly body but the sun? Ever see tides? The moon does that...
"self-aggrandizing jackass" - it says it right on the label
heliodorus04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008   #95
pnw, Washington
Thanks for the video and yes Gina is damn hot...

CM, I think we can see why you dont like Obama. All you see is the color of his skin which is very sad for you. I knew some people would vote color but I thought it would be the deep south.

Religion? Jeez you guys have really opened up Pandora's box on this one. I will only say that I believe in the seperation of church and state and leave it at that.
"Yesterday I was clever and tried to change the world. Today I am wise and try to change myself." -Rumi
gh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008   #96
Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1984
In all seriousness, Gina could be the hottest 46-year-old EVER.

El Flaco is offline   Reply With Quote