Old 07-05-2009   #31
Kayak/SUP Instructor
The High Ground, Colorado
Originally Posted by heliodorus04 View Post
It's the vice presidents you have to worry about
Well at least on that score I think I'm safe.

"Let us cross the river to the other side and rest beneath the shade of the trees." ~ Last words of Thomas Jonathan ''Stonewall' Jackson
Theophilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009   #32
Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1984
I hear these sweet glass balcony railings are in 80% of all Alaskan households and commercial buildings.

Wasilla Sports complex:

Jogging area

And the Palin stylish as a hockey rink...

Of course,it doesn't mean anything... even if the house and the sports complex were built at the same time, and even if First Dude won't divulge which of his buddies helped him build that house.

On an unrelated note - Think about this: If "Melanoma" McCain / "It's-too-hard-I-quit" Palin had won, ol' Nancy Pelosi might be the one-heartbeat away at this point. So count your lucky stars for Hussein!

El Flaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009   #33
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
Who knows if the Palins did a Stevens-style deal for the construction of their lakeside house? I'm perfectly willing to give them the benefit of the doubt at the moment. But Caribou Barbie calling the Wahmbulance over those liberal media meanies, Photoshop Doctorers and vicious bloggers shows pretty clearly that she doesn't have what it takes to go national with her political aspirations. She desperately wanted to stay in the headlines, but only on her terms. Yeah, well, tough shit.

Remember that her popularity soared briefly after her feisty convention speech and tanked when people found out how clueless she was? Remember the pathetic and embarrassing debate winkfest? Now cluelessness is joined by whimpering spinelessness and simpering bleats of victimhood. Wah!

She's toast, except to the true believers... who thank God are a tiny minority. Sarah Palin was, and is, a minor league newsreader/yokel/political hack who has delusions of grandeur that were (foolishly) fed by McCain's fateful and stupid decision to annoint a pinhead.
You can never step into the same river; for new waters are always flowing on to you. - Heraclitus of Ephesus
DurangoSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009   #34
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Oh Riparian, she is certainly going to run for national office. She'll lose miserably and Tina Fey's career will move to ever greater heights. Quitting office now is about a) staying in national headlines b) being able to criticize the stimulus package c) avoiding any PR fallout from scandals in Alaska d) not being a complete lame duck aka quitting while she is sort of a semi-crippled duck.

Personally I have heard that when McCain chose Palin as his VIP pick Obama sat down with David Plouffe and Joe Biden and asked "thats interesting, why did McCain do that?" Plouffe answered "I really don't know, but I don't think we have to be worried about her."
Demosthenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009   #35
Wasilla, Alaska
At least now she can keep money from any multimillion dollar book deals since she wont be a state employee anymore. But I dont see how that is helping the state, maybe she plans to help us by moving the fuck out. I'm still proud to have voted for Tony Knowles though so I'm biased.
Trouthead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009   #36
C. Springs, Colorado
Do I dare say it????........could it be because she's couldn't be that....
caverdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009   #37
Self-Aggrandizing jackass
The Ranch, Colorado
Paddling Since: 04
Again, asking a question of the people who earnestly felt Palin was (or perhaps still is) a shining star of the social + fiscal conservative movement:

How is this better for Alaska?

Seriously, if you have an opinion on that, I'll listen respectfully.
"self-aggrandizing jackass" - it says it right on the label
heliodorus04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009   #38
Little Village, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Do As I Say...

... not as I do.

Sarah Palin on Hillary... and hilariously/ironically on her own disastrous Friday press conference/poor me event.

Uh, I'm just gonna go find a cash machine.
Riparian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009   #39
Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1984
The other interesting rumor I heard was that she was going to start her own national political party, the "Christian Conservative Party" or something like that. Which makes sense considering her references to a "higher calling" in her Quitter Speech.

That would be a GOP nightmare - although I think it's just what the traditional conservative movement needs (meaning, Goldwater conservatism small government / low taxes /states right; before the takeover by the religious right wing). That splintering could really help to re-define the GOP and bring them back towards the independent / libertarian middle where they could regain broader appeal.... eventually. And I think that would be good for the country, too.
El Flaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009   #40
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
who the fuck cares about palins house? how much did the Obamas use of our money to remodel the whitehouse? ohhh wait we are the ones suppose to sacrifice not him. damn he starting to sound like Nixon from "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" when hes coming out of the tv while trippin on Adrenochrome saying sacrifice.

caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote