Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Other Chatter > The Eddy

Old 02-05-2009   #11
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
I definitely see your point, and yes many cituations like the one you mentioned are and can be challenging. I hope you can agree that there are misguided people with misguided beliefs and a wrong sense of responsability who are sober... perhaps or perhaps not this was the case at Wally`s.
I do have addicts in my family and so my concerns rely on hope for a better way.. I really appreciate to try and have faith in a positive solution versus putting them away where its easy to not face the problem head on.. again I dont think anyone has found the proper solution, but it is good to hear all sides. Thanks for your side as well.

Kendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009   #12
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
i also have addicts in my family and have lost multiply friends to different hard drugs and one unlce to heroin. if the addict is not willing to seek treatment than let them continue and make the wrong choices but if they are willng they shouldn't be treated as criminals. i believe strongly that these people who are unwilling to go to treatment right away maybe have more of a chance to see the benefits of treatment after being in prison for a month and sobering up so they can at least understand completely the choices they are making. you offer a sober addict the chance to feel like a productive member of society they will eat that shit up. unless they want nothing to do with it and don't know how to be a productive member..

tuff love beats turning the check.

caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009   #13
Bozeman, Montana
DEMO any stats to back the heroin program?
Old 02-05-2009   #14
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Yea, 68% of Swiss voters (the same group that wouldn't legalize weed) decided that the program had a significant enough positive impact that it should be continued.
Demosthenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009   #15
Bozeman, Montana
i want stats that the program is a sucsess in rehabilitating addicts.

because thats what in fact the programm is suppose to do. i could care less how the swiss vote.