Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Other Chatter > The Eddy

Old 03-25-2009   #61
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Was the time I spilled a plate of spaghetti on myself and in the sand some sort of retaliation against my sinful ways? Was I just not drunk enough or something?

CanyonEJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009   #62
conifer, Colorado
Originally Posted by Snowhere View Post
The one thing that everyone that takes a book such as any particular bible forgets, is it is a book written by man, for man. Not a book written by some supernatural being. Now Boilerblues, I can respect your beliefs, even more since you are not trying to convert the masses. But do you really take the bible at face value? Do you accept stoning to death those that stray from a ideal? There are many parts of any 'bible' that we find distasteful today. That is because a book that was written in the early stages of civilization, was written to compel one to behave in a civil way by the power of fear. That is the failure of all religions.

You obviously don't understand the difference between old and new testament law.

mr. compassionate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009   #63
B.F.E., Wyoming
I have now found my new religion!
Open Letter To Kansas School Board - Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

freexbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009   #64
Little Village, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Originally Posted by mania View Post
It is forbidden to post a picture of TFSM infidel now we will have to riot and burn an effigy of Riparian!
Silly me! I had no idea that it was forbidden to post graphic representations of TFSM, ala Allah. i figured the Pastafarians were pretty low-key about their deity. Ooops.
Uh, I'm just gonna go find a cash machine.
Riparian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009   #65
Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 93
Originally Posted by mr. compassionate View Post
You obviously don't understand the difference between old and new testament law.
Well, enlighten me.

Nothing in the New Testament is not written by man for the sole purpose of subjugate the masses into a certain mold. Where it was for the benefit of society, back in the years before common law was developed and implemented to the benefit of the masses, not just the benefit of the higher classes, in today's age, it works much to the detriment of society as a whole.

Who can not see that the religions of the world have worked to divide society into their 'tribes'. More people are killed in the name of religion, then any other reason around the world. From the Pope's order to not use condom's, to some Iman calling for a fatwah on some individual that does not toe the line, there is pure stupidity in how religion has been, is being, and will continue to be conducted. Man is power hungry, and religion is no exception.
Snowhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009   #66
Grand Junction, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
How timely! It's almost like the hand of God himself is behind the highly improbable coincidence that I would: 1) find the movie "Religulous" at a Redbox while shopping for breakfast cereal because I felt a strange compulsion to just "look" at the available films 2)watch said movie not once but twice,when I should have been studying for a particularly scientific course, and 3) the very next day find my fellow buzzards devoting an entire thread to the ridiculousness and complete lack of rational thought that is at the heart of any true (R)eligion (i.e. you just have to take it on faith).

Here's a trailer to whet your appetite:

Lest I inspire some oh-so-Godly fits of righteous wrath, let me simply point out that any application of rational thought towards the principle of faith, the belief in something for which there is no evidence, leads inevitably to the conclusion that said faith is ridiculous. Not necessarily wrong or bad, just ridiculous. And probably not for me.
-Τὸ χόβερκράφτ μου εἶναι γεμᾶτο χέλια!
bluesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009   #67
Land of Lovin, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
I have to say, Bill Maher managed to dig up some f-ed up religious nuts. That movie was way entertaining - and the responses to some of his questions were sweet - either dumbfounded looks or a totally off base answer.

"Of course I have to wear nice suits, I am a Jesus"
Jensjustduckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009   #68
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
Bill should go to prison.
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009   #69
no tengo
Baytopia, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1876
Originally Posted by caspermike View Post
Bill should go to prison.
Bill O'riely yes agreed.
mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009   #70
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
im talking about the dude whos not dude enough to live up to his actions. i call him a coward.

caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote