Old 07-01-2009   #1
lookout mnt., Colorado
Paddling Since: 1989
South Main, WTF?

ok, i know this thread is gonna stir up some trouble 'cause those shelby kids are young, rich, beautiful and popular but i gotta rant. wtf is up with this south main place? i remember when those kids were pitching the idea and sold it to the bv town council as being an affordable housing project. i used to guide in bueny for years, always loved that it was a right wing, christian, redneck town(no i didn't work at noah's, i spent my days at shangra-low). went back to bv and drove through south main, completely pompus looking place, more vail vista than beuny(guess they don't want dustin to feel out place). tiny 2 bedroom house goes for $400,000, when you wake up in the morning and take a piss you can reach out your window and shake your neibhors hand(sorry i can't spell, i spent alot of years at shangra-low). "built for kayakers, by kayakers", what kayaker can pony up 400 grand, to aford that kind of morgate, i assume you have to earn in the $75,000 to $90,000 a year range and there ain't no job's in bueny that pay that much. instead they should bill it as a "out of state, trustafarian, cryaker compound", that would be much more fitting. the days of the rope are numbered, that place is gonna be a foo-foo latte/sushi bar before ya know it. seeing as all of their planning was done pre economic crash/easy money model i'm hoping that this place fails and they lose all of daddy's money. couldn't they leave us one colorado town intact. sure as hell hope they don't flaot downstream to canyon. for the love of god leave that town alone, it's way to hot and unforgiving for you trusty's.

MCSkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009   #2
Golden, Colorado
Not all kayakers are proud dirtbags.

blutzski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009   #3
placerville, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
did you seriously post that ignorant rant?
steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009   #4
I hope that Jed **** punts you.
hey diddle diddle...
lotsawater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009   #5
Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
there ain't no job's in bueny that pay that much.
My fiance and I both work locally in BV and live there. It's still cheaper than any ski in/out living that I've seen in CO. Plus, I'd rather be bike and paddle in/out anyway. Connecting the Midland trail to Davis Meadow or Salt Creek (and not seeing one other person on the trail the entire time) and then paddling at the Staircase wave for a little while makes it worth it to me.
SilverBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009   #6
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
you can always buy a tent and camp blm. two thumbs up.
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009   #7
Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 93
Not exactly where I want to live in town myself, but I certainly do not want them to fail! And to call them Vail like is a far stretch for the imagination. I will keep living on the west side of town where my kids can walk to their friends houses, but I will be drinking some beers at the Eddieline here and there.
Snowhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009   #8
Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
Yawn....Misinformed idiot posts, half-baked, poorly composed flame attempt because he needs attention on the internet and can hide behind a username.

The rest of us go on living productive lives and sharing the stoke for whitewater paddling.

Carry on.
Mike Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009   #9
Roaring Fork Valley, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
MC- you are a douche. Hating will get you nowhere.
bailito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009   #10
Little Village, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
This strikes me as a particularly weird "controversy". The plans I've seen for this development look pretty darned nice and well-conceived. Living in that type of community isn't my cuppa tea, but the "new urbanism" concept is totally sound.

Uh, I'm just gonna go find a cash machine.
Riparian is offline   Reply With Quote