Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Other Chatter > The Eddy

Old 11-21-2006   #1
Golden, Colorado
Seinfeld's Kramer: Racist Piece of Shit or Comedy Gone Bad?

the tirade on tape...

apology on letterman...

(may get pulled for copyright stuff but people keep posting new ones on youtube)

either way, as big a whack job in real life as his Kramer character on TV.

Anybody, that uses dated shit like "afro-american" in his apology needs to pull his head out of his ass anyway.

bkp77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006   #2
Red Lodge, Montana
Paddling Since: 2003
Just a thought?

Isn't being racist judging people because race, color, creed, or belief. I think name calling is just stooping to their level. I don't agree with these actions but I am not at liberty to judge.

My two cents for what its worth.

Nate Dogg
stillwaterpaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006   #3
no tengo
Baytopia, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1876
I thought this was very sad but sadly not surprising. There is deep seeded fear and hatred for people that are 'not like you' that could be part of evolutionary survival tactics but needs to be purged from modern society. How many of you find yourselves feeling negative feelings towards Arabs just because they are Arab?

Believe in God or not we are all in the image of God and are equally valuable. My 3 year old daughter said it best, "people are different because it makes the world more beautiful".
mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006   #4

Did you read your post before you put it up?
hey diddle diddle...
lotsawater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006   #5
Georgia Moonshine
This whole thing is a big conspiracy; Michael Richard's career has been in the tank since Sienfeld signed off. He has not done anything and was basically off the radar much less the A, B, or even C list of Comics/Actors. But since he is a Mason and Shriner those groups are behind all the play he has been getting. He is back in the press and the public's mind now.

The Masons are playing everyone.
Trout_Bobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006   #6
In this bullshit three-ring circus sideshow of freaks, Arkansas
Paddling Since: 1986
Send a message via AIM to kayakArkansas
I don't think racism in any form is OK, and I don't support raving and screaming obscenities at any person in general but it does sort of irk me that Carlos Mencia and Dave Chappel (although two of my favorite comics to watch on tv) can rant on and on and on using every racial slur/obscenity in the book and some that aren't, while noone ever says a word. Then a white guy uses those terms and it shows up on CNN....Don't get me wrong, I'm sure his tirade was tasteless, useless, or whatever you want to call it but give me a break.....when is somebody going to cover this side of the story......

middle class white male........
kayakArkansas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006   #7
C. Springs, Colorado
IMO, if this racial slam was part of his act, it might have been taken as "being funny". Butt, it wasn't part of the act, and he was not professional enough to move on, when he was first interrupted. I've walked out of comedy clubs before, and I would have probably walked out of that show as well. You pay to see a big name.......and this is what you get??

caverdan is offline   Reply With Quote