Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Other Chatter > The Eddy

Old 07-19-2015   #1
x, x
Paddling Since: x
Recomendations for a personal injury lawyer

I am looking to talk with or reference for a personal injury/specific lawyer.

I was in a car accident that is documented and proven to be 100% at fault by the other driver involved.

I was told, due to the extent of my injuries that I will need a lawyer involved to oversee all my medical costs and to see that all bills are paid by the other person/insurance.

I have never had to deal with something like this before, I am not looking to take advantage of anyone, I need someone to help explain to me what my options are for many things. billing, lost wages, totaled property, etc...

I am currently not able to work, my automobile was totaled in the accident, and the hospital billing dept made it sound like I have days at best to get the insurance documentation to them before it is sent to collections.(I did get the insurance information to them, and learned from radiology dept. that the coverage may not be enough) ie. why i was advised to get a lawyer.

I am open to other peoples advice and understandings. If you can share anything you've learned in the past, things that went right, and things that had gone wrong.

I have contacted my own auto insurance, I was advised by my OWN agent to contact their insurance directly and not to involve my insurance company. Why not? I am paying for service that I need. I want my insurance company to be involved. I need people with documentation going into and dealing with the other insurance company right?

As you can see I am unsure of where to start, but have always known preparation and an active involvement will get me through this.

In short, where do I start?, how do I go about getting the ball rolling on my end so I am protected during the surgeries and treatments I will be receiving in the next few months?

Again, any advice is appreciated and please know, I am looking only to cover and protect myself. Being in the U.S this is a normal practice, where costs for services far exceed insurance coverages and involvements.

thank you for your experience, time and advice.

P.S. Jesus kept me alive, now I need a Lawyer to keep me afloat.

thanks gang,

bobbuilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015   #2
Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Crap, Bob, Bummed to hear about this. I've got an email to a couple of attorneys I know asking for recommendations and will PM them to you. I just hope it's something you'll be able to recover from fully.

Good luck dealing with not only the medical industrial complex but the legal headaches that go along with something like this.

Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015   #3
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Send a message via AIM to craven_morhead
I'll pm you some recommendations.
craven_morhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015   #4
Fraser, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
That just plain sucks, Hopefully you did not suffer whip lash( aka traumatic brain injury) on top of what ever else happend to you. Head aches, tired all the time, trouble with reading, dizziness, and many other things can stem from a concussion, hopefully that is not part of the equation for you, please send send me a p.m. if it is though, I've had to recover from T.B.I. a few times.

Best advice i have on a lawyer, is go with your gut, and get a trusted friends opinion when you choose one.

Wishing you a speedy recovery, hit me up if you need to get on some mellower white water eventually, I boat a lot. It's a big part of what pulled me through my last set of injury's.
" I wish I were a headlight, on a North bound train..."
mattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015   #5
Portland, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2008
Free Advice

It sounds to me like things are already going off the railsÖ

Iím a 16-year veteran of the insurance industry and spent several of those years as an Auto Casualty Claims Examiner/Adjuster for one of the nationís largest insurance companies Ė I held the checkbook for the at-fault partyís insurance company. Since then, Iíve helped dozens of friends, family members and coworkers though similar situations - at no cost. In most minor cases, you wonít get more than what you could get on your own for the 33% most PI attorneys will take from your settlement.

I canít give you any legal advice, but Iím more than willing to set some expectations and help you though the process providing it doesnít make sense for you to seek representation. And if I think it does make sense for you to go that route, Iíll tell you immediately.

Feel free to call me - Jeff: 503-550-6322
clinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015   #6
Abron Cabron
Santa Fe, Nuevo Mexico
Paddling Since: 1999
that f#$% sucks Bob...! Glad youre alive.
good luck and Heal up mang...! we still need to hit the Salt someday....! (or maybe i will actually visit the Poudre someday...)
abron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015   #7
x, x
Paddling Since: x
Originally Posted by abron View Post
that f#$% sucks Bob...! Glad youre alive.
good luck and Heal up mang...! we still need to hit the Salt someday....! (or maybe i will actually visit the Poudre someday...)

They both sound good. Glad you guys had a great Salt trip, I hope to go next winter. The poudre was really fun this year with the high water and all.

Thank you all for your help and advice.
bobbuilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015   #8
pnw, Washington
Even without all of the injury stuff, the hassle factor alone is a pain. Good luck.
"Yesterday I was clever and tried to change the world. Today I am wise and try to change myself." -Rumi
gh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015   #9
Bismarck, North Dakota
Paddling Since: 2012
Better call Saul, Saul Goodman!
Remember what the door mouse said.......................feed your head.........feed your head ©ģô
sammyphsyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015   #10
at my house, Montana
Paddling Since: 2020
Originally Posted by sammyphsyco View Post
Better call Saul, Saul Goodman!
I can't wait for season 2!

I am a river, babe - I've got plenty of time, I don't know where I'm going, I'm just following the lines..... - "We are water" by Shaye
lhowemt is offline   Reply With Quote