Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Other Chatter > The Eddy

Closed Thread
Old 06-12-2006   #11
Abron Cabron
Santa Fe, Nuevo Mexico
Paddling Since: 1999
What's red and yellow and looks good on a hippy?

How do you hide money from a hippy?

Put it under the Soap...

You know why there's no hunting season for hippies?

Have you Ever tried to clean one of them f*@#ers????

**disclaimer*** i was born in taos, lived in the mountains, and ran around in the woods naked when i was a wee laddy, but as far as I'm concerned it was plenty wholesome... plus i've been swimming in the Rio Grande since @ 1y/o..... but thats no excuse to not to share some stupid rafting jokes..... (plus it was the late 70's...)

I did go to one gathering,once, in Paonia, when i was a stony teenager... it wasn't as threatening as all that, but i don't exactly desire to do it again.... boiled green silty lake water and 50 foot long 'communal' latrine trenches are not my style of camping.... and that doesn't even include the 'communal' grubby nasty hands on kitchens, or the (allegedly) fruity-ass hippy who dosed my friend on some liquid lsd, and then tried to hit on him, causing my friend to freak the F*%k out, take off into the woods, in the dark with no light, tripping balls, get completely lost, eventually find the tent, and then keep me up all night, telling me the full moon outside the tent was aliens landing outside to abduct him.....

I think there's good and bad folks of every stripe. theres some average granola types who appreciate just appreciate nature, organic food, and body hair (but like bathing), and then there's your 'drainbows' who are just looking for a free ride, or whatever....
shit, through working EMS,and Paramedic school, i have met plenty of fine folks whom i would absolutely trust with my life on a call,(probably less short term memory loss, -well, at least some of them...) who just happen to be republicans.... there goes MOST of those stereotypes... Although to some of these southeastern NM dwellers (read- really just texas with a worse economy) to them I am considered a hippy just because i live in northern NM,try to always vote with the environment in mind(not that it does any good) and live for kayaking, tele'ing, riding,climbing, rafting if i'm gettting paid,or laid (basically anything non -motorized is a hippy sport)(well, besides getting stomped on by angry bulls with their nuts all cinched up in a rope)
not to start the whole political thing again....

I'm not sayin', i'm just sayin'.
shit, i don't know what i'm sayin'.... more stupid rafting jokes!!!!

Old 06-12-2006   #12
Two words: "Prescribed burn".

Old 06-12-2006   #13
Preacher of the Profit Paddling Since: 1990

There only one group that can handle the Rainbow freaks- NASCAR fans.
I love to dance, but who needs the music- It throws me off.
Old 06-12-2006   #14
Great - first pine beatles and now this
Old 06-12-2006   #15
steamboat springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 93
hey all you closet hippies out there. you know all you really want to do is go out in the woods with these guys and party like there is no tomorrow. here's your map. have fun.
Old 06-12-2006   #16
Anyone who has one of EJ's Playboating videos has supported these hippies!

Down at the bottom of the page is a link for Tommy Gunn who's music is featured on EJ's DVDs.
Old 06-12-2006   #17
Don't Worry

There are still a lot of top notch red necks that know how go get 'er done in Routt County, yee ha!
Old 06-13-2006   #18

The MoTown county redneck enforcers are ready for mobilization. Sounds like you fellas might need a little help. We kicked those hippies out a decade ago and we'll do it again!
Old 06-13-2006   #19
Lawyer Scum

They converged on red rocks one summer. I was pretty open minded until I saw the defecation behind every tree and the trash and broken bottles everywhere. Like every group, I think they had many who had the noblest of intentions, but this was superseded by the people who were there to do drugs and be belligerent. I wonder how many of the latter were just hangers on?

In the end, I'd rather have a bunch of hippies than a bunch of Texans.

I thought I'd add that just to see the word Texan substituted with Hippie in all the same jokes.

Old 06-13-2006   #20
Eagle County, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
I personally prefer Texans.

Closed Thread