Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Other Chatter > The Eddy

Closed Thread
Old 06-24-2006   #181
And which of our dead friends made your day??? Adam, Chunder...

You should delete that post before I find out who you are and put my fist through your teeth... "to make my day"

Old 06-24-2006   #182
Holy Shit!!!! I cannot believe this long ass hippie bashing thread that never mentions the creeks and rivers in the area north of Steamboat where this Gathering is taking place.

Now, I've got better things to do like kayaking the Gunny and going to the local WW festival here so I'm going to make this sweet and simple.

I don't listen to the Grateful Dead anymore. I prefer Frank Zappa and acid jazz over Phish and LSD. I'm a business owner in my 30's, clean-cut and drive a "soccer mom" type vehicle. Hell! I even doll myself up and wear a hot bikini underneath all my boating gear (unless I end up being a floating hood Ornament on a 16ft. Cat on a Westwater trip)

However, you would NEVER know meeting me in person that at one point in my life, I attended several National Rainbow Family gatherings.

Before all of ya'll go bashing me, let me just say that I would have never learned to properly shit in the woods (i.e. burn your TP, making at least a 6in. hole in the ground, covering up everything, sprinkling the pit w/ fire ash) had I not gone to these. You do not see hoards of people doing their daily duty at once (as some of you indirectly mentioned). You DO have your privacy. Second, what little knowledge I have about various wild medicinal plants (no, NOT the stuff you smoke ) seen along river banks I have learned from attending the Gatherings.

C.A.L.M (Center for Alternative Living Medicine), operated by licensed , nurses, yoga practioners and alternative healers (i.e. Acupuncturists, massage therapists, etc.), sets up a fantastic, clean, santized facility each year at these national gatherings. Did I also mention that one of many "unofficial" Rainbow websites is made from a very accomplished rock climber and kayaker from the Boulder area?!!?

The Feds are making the situation far worse than it has to be. Isn't that always the case? Look at the Grand Canyon permit process, for example.

Old 06-24-2006   #183
Metro Area, Colorado
Very poor taste holesurfer...clearly one of those "dead kaykers" wasn't one of your friends. You are a POS! Hope I never meet you or see you on the river.

Take that shit else where and quick.
Old 06-24-2006   #184
no more kayakers dying ?...........too bad..thats the news I look for to make my day

Wholesurfer- I believe you may have found the one and only way to unite all disperate parties who have posted in this thread. Regrettably enough, it will be due to a singular hatred of you.

I pride myself by following the "make fun of everything and everyone or nothing at all" precept. But sarcastic or not (and it better be the former for you sake), you've just proven yourself to be the biggest douche in MB history. Wear the moniker proudly asshole.
Old 06-24-2006   #185
Thought-criminal, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Buttholesurfer..way too far. Hope and pray you remain anonymous.
I hope in the future Americans are thought of as a warlike, vicious people, because I bet a lot of high schools would pick "Americans" as their mascot. -Jack Handy
Old 06-24-2006   #186
Steamboat, Colorado
Lockin 'er up.... Y'all need to go outside and go boating now!

Closed Thread