Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Other Chatter > The Eddy

Closed Thread
Old 06-22-2006   #141
Dipshit with the most.
Bellevue, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1991
Hippies not good for fuel source

Originally Posted by BastrdSonOfElvis
Alternatively, we could use them as an energy source. If they can make bio-diesel out of corn, why not hippies? Just remove the husks (dreads), toss into the hopper, add more gasoline than you can replace with the finished product and viola.

Does anyone have the technology to plug them into the matrix and use them like batteries?

Any other ideas?[/i]
Not sure about the bio-diesel from hippies. With their lowfat diet, and non-meat eating tendencies they might be too lean to generate much fuel.

Old 06-22-2006   #142
sorry guys , that was aimed at IKAYAYNBOARD , and all of his "I got ripped off by a hippie and almost got killed by the biker trash that I was running with" BS . Did not meant to offend everyone , but you know sometimes people need to look around and realize that ALL of us are just trying get by as best as we can , without harming those around us . Hateful people suck .

I`d rather boat than breathe
Old 06-22-2006   #143
, Colorado
Kindyakker, just admit you want to tug on my pigtails and kiss my purty mouth.

p.s. I never said anything about bikers or drugs. Beleive it or not, there are gangs in CO other than redneck biker gangs...and these weren't people I was "running with", and I have a ton of stories I could tell about rainbow hippies playing the con game, and they are quite good at it. Read my earlier post about how most of these clowns are running from the law, and chose the Rainbow Family as a means of dropping off the radar. Perhaps if you'd lighten up on the LSD and Psilocybin you'd actually see what goes on around you...and that the sky isn't made up swirling psychodelics.

Lesson learned...never trust a hippie or anyone who names themselves "Kind" anything, because they all need a 2x4 to the face.
Old 06-22-2006   #144
I'd consider myself a very open-minded individual, but the fact that these dirty, freeloading, disrespectful, pseudo-hippies think they have a "right" to come in and trash our pristine Nat'l Forest pisses me off to no end. Not to mention that the state is a tinder-box right now and there is a state-wide ban on all open burning. This "gathering" poses a potential safety threat to everybody up in the Steamboat area and must be prevented.
Old 06-22-2006   #145
I'm wrong 50% of the time
RFV, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1977
Couple of thoughts...

Some of the s*&T posted is pretty funny.
Some of you have good points while others are being sarcastic.
Some of you are totally off base and need to see a doctor for anger managment.

1: Rather than stereotype all people that go to these gatherings, go see for yourself. If you are to high and mighty then you are a closed minded individual.

2: If I were law enforcement (NFS, Routt County Sheriff, Local Po-Po) and had a large group of people in the national forest with out a permit I would handle it by sanctioning the group at a later date. I would not stand guard on a dirt road and tell a bunch of people that they can not enter OUR public lands. This is a recipe for disaster. No wonder they had rocks and insults hurled at them. I would use a fairly small group of well trained individuals to police the area during the gathering. This force would monitor activity and deter theft and bad decisions. I would not write tickets for drug use. I would enforce NFS policy in regard to poopers, kitchens, fires, etc. I would set up areas for parking and mandate that people walk into the gathering site. I would also have a known pressence at the end to force a complete clean up.

I went to a gathering (begrudgingly) many years ago in NM. I ended up seeing that these people are fairly good people. I saw none of the mayhem as in other posts.

Final thought:
Judge not...lest you be judged
Old 06-22-2006   #146
most of the rainbows ive come in contact with going to shows has only been negative, but saying you 'hate' a group of people that you havent personally met, or stereotyping any group of people for any reason is just plain ignorance.

so step off your soapboxes and take a look in the mirror, you cant change them but you can yourself. if you claim to be more responsible and better citizens, lets see it.
Old 06-22-2006   #147
Charc in = charc out
Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1992
^^^ "I'm startin' with the man in the mirror!"

Old 06-22-2006   #148
Send a message via AIM to RoboSpork
Here is some education for those who seem to be in desparate need of it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow_gathering

Rainbows do not trash the environment, they revere it. Alot of them will remain after the main events to clean up, you'll see....

I came to mtn buzz because I am thinking of moving to CO and want to see how the paddling scene is. Alot of people I know have been saying that alot of westerners have a superiority complex. I didnt believe them, but this thread really makes me second guess that conclusion.

Its really funny how ignorant and petty you haters are making yourselves look, all this talk trying to discredit the rainbow folk is having the opposite effect, it is discrediting yourself. I hope I never meet any of you on the river, I don't know why people filled with such hate and ignorance would want to kayak in the 1st place though, I thought the paddling community was better than this, guess I was wrong.
Old 06-22-2006   #149
He's a part-time Disco champion and a full-time Woman Lover, Colorado

Maybe you have an inferiority complex???

You really showed them... tellin' people hate is bad by hatin' on the haters.

Hippy-haters are still haters... but then again so are you for hatin on the people who hate on the hippies.

Hate is uncool brah, but so are people who live somewhere and want to move here. In case you didn't already know, we don't have any more room for vagrants — especially for haters of hippy-haters.

Move to the southeast, I hear there's good boating there and ton of wookies to mind-melt with...

I hope you're all on board cause this bus is ready to roll.
Old 06-22-2006   #150
Thought-criminal, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Hate hippies? Hell no..I LOVE hippies. They're delicious.

Smoker...nice maniacal laughter.

I hope in the future Americans are thought of as a warlike, vicious people, because I bet a lot of high schools would pick "Americans" as their mascot. -Jack Handy
Closed Thread