Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Other Chatter > The Eddy

Old 06-17-2013   #11
Kalispell, Montana
Paddling Since: 1997
Until my video footage gets "great" (I do consider it at least "good" now), I'm going to make all my videos and save them as 720 HD .mp4's and dump the source files.

I'm running Adobe Premiere Elements, and it will give me the ability to Archive the source files and save only the parts used in the project without having to save the entire thing in an edited/rendered format with no ability to go back and change transitions or remix audio. Elements v11 is new for $99. I bought v10 on eBay for $20. No complaints and running a 3yo PC laptop. I use a 1TB external USB drive.

How do you like Pinnacle, Laura? I used to use Pinnacle v8? about 10 years ago. From what I've seen, most home editors have gone to Adobe Premiere Elements, Final Cut Pro Express, or the home version of Sony Vegas. All of them are $100 vs. their $1,000 pro versions, but from what I've seen don't give up anything that an amateur editor needs.

Spider, the H1, H2 and H3 have higher resolution, so you can take a "medium resolution" footage from the middle of the CCD that gives you less fisheye from the edges. Software adjustment, not lens zoom.

MT4Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013   #12
at my house, Montana
Paddling Since: 2020
Missed this response... I can't say I like or hate pinnacle, it's just what I have used back since the Avid Cinema days. I don't know how it compares, since I've not really looked around. I may need to check those others out.

My pc doesn't like the gopro 1080 video files, honestly I haven't played with editing yet. The h3 wide setting looks pretty good, nowhere near as much of a fish eye. Only 720 and lower do I get the option for medium, which seems pretty normal.

I am a river, babe - I've got plenty of time, I don't know where I'm going, I'm just following the lines..... - "We are water" by Shaye
lhowemt is offline   Reply With Quote