Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Other Chatter > The Eddy

View Poll Results: How many buzz'rds also ride dirt bikes?
Never have... 32 40.51%
Every so often... 15 18.99%
Avid two wheel, mud spitt'n mutant... 32 40.51%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-11-2008   #51
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
" buy local, conserver water, recycle, educate children, volunteer, ride your bike more, etc... These are ideas to live by."

agreed. walk whenever possible

caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008   #52
Thanks for all the good conversation guys.

Definetly helped clarify my outlook.

Once again would like to say I didn't mean to make a personal attack on redneck. Just trying to make a point

elwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008   #53
D'ango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
V.I. yup, yup, comin' on like a rhino...

Yes, and I am dying in NE Utah, the riding here is sick & I left my 426 in Durango. Vernal is one of the sweetest places I've been for riding. You can bushwack all you want (talk w/ BLM office to get info on protected areas) & there is a JUMPARIFFIC spot right on the highway @ Jensen (seriously like 200 feet north); can pull off & camp back there on way through west-east 40, or just ride 2 hours & head out. Best is you can connect 100's of miles of trail from 4 sides of the main town area. Watch out at north of town area on way to Flaming Gorge, there is a sneaky back access onto Park land, have your CO offroad registration up to date & no problems, accepted in UT.
In the 4crns, the Aztec-Bloomfield-Flora Vista-Farmington quad is about 4 township & ranges (660 acre plot) of endless trails & arroyo playgrounds in sticky, bermy shale-dirt. Watch for rig service trucks at crossings & hilltops, these are natural gas fields. Can camp anywhere in there, maybe bring a big stick (AyKay) to ward off thugster kids if too close to town on a weekend. Not that bad, really, but don't be a touron naive cracker is all. Many more spots to come, travel out west for work, will shout 'em out as I find 'em.
Like Elko, NV. Worth stopping there in the afternoon going to-from CA & camping / riding for a day; awesome trails right on top of town. No-super awesome. Watch out for the volcanic ash "moondust", it'll f'n bury your front tire. The Horshoe is a great titty bar / dance club w/ pool tables & air hockey, & 35 dollar hotel room @ the Golden Nuggett w/ super-lighted parking area. 24 hour drinks. Way the fk better than Wendover, which is 95 miles away, so stop earlier or drive a bit longer. AWESOME Mexican food @ Fiesta Mexicana.
Let's get a m-buzz dirtriders forum for sure, I'm sure there's lots of us out there.

Bornwithatail is offline   Reply With Quote