Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Other Chatter > The Eddy

View Poll Results: How many buzz'rds also ride dirt bikes?
Never have... 32 40.51%
Every so often... 15 18.99%
Avid two wheel, mud spitt'n mutant... 32 40.51%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-08-2008   #21
Eastern Slope, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
There is nothing I love more after a peaceful day of low impact river running than heading out to Moab, or some other pristine piece of wilderness, and wrecking shit with a big two stroke pollution machine! Crypto-biotic soil? Who cares! Carbon in the atmosphere? F**k it! Then I do a shot of motor oil and take my sister out on the town!

Randaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008   #22
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
Was picked up by dirtbike while laping byers couple years ago. that's about my experience with them.

caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008   #23
Aspen, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
We at charge tv/charge all mud with bikes,quads etc.

we charge while kayaking is our main sport we love snowboarding off of sleds, we cant afford lift tickets, we have friends in the sport. IN Tennessee where charge tv is originating dailey, we ride dirt bikes,crash derby cars,quads , 4x4s are essential to the our jedi lives. sprayer
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DPP_0027.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	423  
sprayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008   #24
I'm wrong 50% of the time
RFV, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1977
Randady, Nice of you to dig up OLD dirt.
Judging by you comments on "low impact river running", I assume that you do not own a car and only walk or bike to the put in and for the shuttle. How about that "donated plastic" that you left on the rock as you boofed over it. Did you go back and clean that off with a tooth brush.
No I do not own a dirt bike, as I would not have any knees if I did, but I do enjoy a motorized adventure every now and then like a Jeep cruise over a high mtn pass or a day on the snowmobile. (see other posts in this subforum)
While you at it, do not act so eco religious on the rest of us. Your carbon footprint is just as big. How about your drive to estes park for a class? No carbon discharge on that drive huh? My point is you seem like a nice guy in your posts... just cross check your dates and facts (and check yourself) before posting asinine (albeit it tounge in cheek) comments.
Claimer: Someone that makes a claim that they have been there and done that, can do anything you can do better than you. I hate "claimers"
brendodendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008   #25
Eastern Slope, Colorado
Yeah, I can't be against two stroke recreation in wild areas because I drive a car. That's exactly the same thing. Thanks for pointing it out.
Old 04-08-2008   #26
GWS, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1992
Aren't all the roads that you drive on located in what used to be "Wild Areas"?

The automobile has had far worse impacts on our environment than all the 2 strokers ever sold.

Douche Bag
Mut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008   #27
The next zone, .
Give the guy a break.. He is from Wyo and pissed he actually is takin his sister out for dinner! Sheep for dessert!

Wyo... Where nothing can live in large numbers..

Wyo... Where the sheep call Ran - Daddy...

Well I doubt he is from Wyo probably just livin there... Seems way to hippiefied to grow up in Wyo.. Only way to tell for sure is to turn him around and look for the tell tale Wyo "rat tail" haircut.. If you were born in Wyo for some reason the rat tail can not be cut by normal means.. It also grows back overnight!

OLD old post that was first posted for STOKE so if you fire a shot expect return fire daddy...

Good news is that I got a 05 250 f since that burn down and sold my old bike to my cousin who lives in Wyo.. The new bike is a 4 stroker gettin a easy 30+ mpg..

Maybe if you dont want just spew like a old hippie.. Look into oil well development is way more of a problem in your neck of the woods than us dirtbikers.. Makin more roads than motorized rec users could create in 100 years..
Jahve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008   #28
Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
What if you knew the impact?

How many of you would consider riding mostly tracks or trails close to already urbanized/polluted areas if you knew that the disturbance caused by dirt bikes in the backcountry actually caused problems for wildlife?
splatdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008   #29
Eastern Slope, Colorado
RDNEK, I applaud your purchase. 4 stroke sleds and bikes are taking a foothold in lots of places. They pollute WAY less and are less noisy.

Unfortunately your perception of Wyoming has its truths, which is exactly why I hate these things. I can't go for a good old fashioned ski or bike ride in the woods these days without nearly getting run down by a motored vehicle whipping through the backcountry. Mullets flapping in the breeze and the smell of gasoline are everywhere in the backcountry up here. The sleds track everything out, make too much noise, and are quite often ridden by inconsiderate backcountry users. It drives me nuts, so forgive me if I offended anyone who is enjoying the outdoors, but I would prefer that these people stay at home and watch Jeff Foxworthy on TV.
Old 04-09-2008   #30
GWS, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1992
While the limited activity of being on the river is often low impact, the process as a whole is not. If you look at your last river trip from cradle to grave, it is not low impact.

Mut is offline   Reply With Quote