Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Other Chatter > The Eddy

Old 11-21-2006   #1
Georgia Moonshine
Passengers Report 6 Imams on Plane:

Those passengers who reported them must be evil, mean, middle class Republicans who are insensitive to other cultures. They need to be sent to sensitivity training.

Trout_Bobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006   #2
fuck off.

El quapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006   #3
Eagle, Idaho
Paddling Since: '78
It is pretty ignorant. Sounds like it went right to the top of US Airways (probably not middle class, probably mean, not sure if they're evil, and I would imagine there's a dem or two in control).

BUT....."sensitivity" and "political correctness" is getting ridiculous. Not just with race, religion, gender, etc........but with EVERYTHING.
GoodTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006   #4
Georgia Moonshine
El Guava,

Who helped you write your witty, well thought out retort?

Old 11-22-2006   #5
Was this incident an example of racial profiling? Probably. But I think that what is more important to recognize is that it was less an example of ignorant masses and bigots but more an indication to the degree of paranoia that has become a pandemic in American society today.

Yes this is a dangerous world. But it has always been a dangerous world. 9/11 didn’t make it more or less so. It merely raised our awareness. Individual societies are always at risk and in particular those cultures/governments who strong-arm their will and desire upon lesser powers. These societies should expect to get bitten back every once in a while.

Should we as Americans be concerned for our safety? You bet. Should we take steps to limit the risk? Absolutely.

I’m not saying that US Airlines was justified in their actions but I’m not saying that they weren’t. Recognizing the larger lesson is far more important.

Pandering to a fear driven mentality is not anyway to live life or strengthen international relations. Nor will it serve to our individual benefit as Americans or that of global societies as a whole.
RealitySheriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006   #6
Your wife...and we all know how bad you want to sound smart and witty, CB.
El quapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006   #7
Georgia Moonshine
CB? as in "10-4 good buddy"? Who is CB?

I assure you that the Mrs. did not help you write a simple, "F. O." Her expletive vocalbulary is far and away richer and more profound than that.
Old 11-22-2006   #8
Vail, Colorado
Here is a great idea: Lets stop feeding the fire and hopefully this clown will go away and find some other forum to contribute his diverse and intellegent wisdom to. My guess is that he has about 10 other forums he goes to and does the same thing. Sad really.
TB: You should probably spend less time on the net forums and more time with your wife (if you really have one, couldn't imagine anyone wanting to spend time with such a smart person who is probably always reading books and learning things to better himself and not spending time with them). I do wish you the best in your life and that you get out of your self pitty slump, someone has to right?

Steve Zizzou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006   #9
Georgia Moonshine
Doing a a heck of a job there, CAPT.

First time we saw, The Life Aquatic was last Thanksgiving, thanks Steve for reminding me of what a great time I had last year. I have some bad news for you, the movie is not real life, it is a parody.