Old 10-09-2008   #101
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
The Danger of Palin in a nutshell

David Brooks is an interesting and thought-provoking conservative commentator. While I frequently disagree with him (he was, afterall, a contributor to the famously ridiculous neocon rag "The Weekly Standard," which is owned by Rupert Murdoch and "edited" by Billy Kristol), I do respect him. I hold a very dim view of Sarah Palin for a lot of reasons, but her anti-intellectualism is a biggy. Brooks describes it perfectly in an interview he did this week:

Sarah Palin represents a fatal cancer to the Republican party. When I first started in journalism, I worked at the National Review for Bill Buckley. And Buckley famously said he'd rather be ruled by the first 2,000 names in the Boston phone book than by the Harvard faculty. But he didn't think those were the only two options. He thought it was important to have people on the conservative side who celebrated ideas, who celebrated learning. And his whole life was based on that, and that was also true for a lot of the other conservatives in the Reagan era. Reagan had an immense faith in the power of ideas. But there has been a counter, more populist tradition, which is not only to scorn liberal ideas but to scorn ideas entirely. And I'm afraid that Sarah Palin has those prejudices. I think President Bush has those prejudices.

DurangoSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008   #102
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
obama is an alqueda muslim and biden is a crack head. anybody could ramble out somestupid ass shit tboe101. and i didn't have to take 2 retarded posts to do it.

caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008   #103
Vail, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1978
I believe it's spelled "Al-Qaeda" not alqueda. Spell check and grammar check work. I can ramble out stupid ass shit but you wasted your valuable time replying to my stupid ass shit with shitty grammar and shitty spelling.
"without love day to day insanity's king"--Hunter/Garcia
tboe101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008   #104
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
you think i give a rats ass how to spell alquada. they don't deserve to lick the dog shit off the bottom of my shoe. gutterstomp those b*tchs
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008   #105
Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 93
The Palins’ un-American activities

I have not spent any time verifying this, but I assume it is valid. google the title for the full article in Salon. There is supposably a video floating around of Palin at a AIP meeting.

Oct. 7, 2008 | “My government is my worst enemy. I’m going to fight them with any means at hand.”
This was former revolutionary terrorist Bill Ayers back in his old Weather Underground days, right? Imagine what Sarah Palin is going to do with this incendiary quote as she tears into Barack Obama this week.
Only one problem. The quote is from Joe Vogler, the raging anti-American who founded the Alaska Independence Party. Inconveniently for Palin, that’s the very same secessionist party that her husband, Todd, belonged to for seven years and that she sent a shout-out to as Alaska governor earlier this year. (“Keep up the good work,” Palin told AIP members. “And God bless you.”)

AIP chairwoman Lynette Clark told me recently that Sarah Palin is her kind of gal. “She’s Alaskan to the bone … she sounds just like Joe Vogler.”

So who are these America-haters that the Palins are pallin’ around with?
Snowhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008   #106
conifer, Colorado
Originally Posted by tboe101 View Post
John McCain is the antichrist.

I believe Barack Hussein fits the profile to the tee.
mr. compassionate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008   #107
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 05
Is Obama the antichrist? Snopes says no: Is Barack Obama the Anti-Christ?

That's a relief. It would be awkward to have voted for the antichrist.

Originally Posted by mr. compassionate View Post
I believe Barack Hussein fits the profile to the tee.
TakemetotheRiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008   #108
Self-Aggrandizing jackass
The Ranch, Colorado
Paddling Since: 04
Well played TMTTR
"self-aggrandizing jackass" - it says it right on the label
heliodorus04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008   #109
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
Those CRAZY McCains!

WASHINGTON (AP) - Cindy McCain has accused Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama of running "the dirtiest campaign in American history."
Wow. Cindy has really complicated things with that absurd comment. I'm not sure WHICH McCain is craziest...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	john-mccain1.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	785  
DurangoSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008   #110
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
LOL Takeme,I remember when King Juan Carlos of Spain was the anti-christ,according to Hal Lindsey's 'The Late Great Planet Earth',the basis of his argument was that the # of members in the EEC somehow corresponded to the 7 heads and 10 horns thing,one problem they added more members before the apocalypse played out,lol.Hal is still around spewing his modified nonsense.Ever watch Jack and Rexella [you read right] Van Impe?Their version of reality is pee your pants funny,scary thing is they have followers.I think they conclude the anti -christ is muslim based on other passages selected from the bible about Armageddon that tell which 'kings' in the battle are from where and the one they deem the AC is from a country that is now islamic.Besides Damien Thorn is the Anti -Christ,everybody knows that .

cayo 2 is offline   Reply With Quote