Old 10-15-2005   #11
pnw, Washington
El Flaco, this thread has nothing to do with boating hence the OT...Off Topic header.
I do however appreciate the opinions expressed by the people who read this board. Some of those opinions piss me off and some are extremely insightful but I was curious as to what the pulse of this board was on the nominations.

gh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005   #12
Wow, a bunch of libs preaching talking points to themselves. How totally un-intersting. Hang in there guys, the water will be back in just 6 short months.

mescalimick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005   #13
Dear close minded neanderthal welfare fascists,

How are mine and my fellow Cali. citizens tax dollars treating you. What do I mean? Well we in Cali. have been supporting states like yours, Alaskas', and well just about every other backward ass state in this union for decades. Look at federal tax dollar distribution to see what I mean. So I find it laughable, and pathetic whenever I hear some right winger bitch about social programs and liberals and they live in a state dependent on my tax dollar to support there economy. So go back to your job making missiles, or strip mining, or whatever it is you do and while your at it kiss my liberal, hairy, white ass.
Please spare me the comments regarding the state of politics in Cali., why....see above.

Viva la revolucion'
norcali-brobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005   #14
I would concede that i borrowed a talking point or two from liberal radio,but only the ones i agree with and i have plenty of my own concoction. Why is it okay for them to use thiers but not for us?
I invite you and anyone else to conduct an experiment;deliberately devote time to listen as objectively as possible to both sides Limbaugh /Fox vs. Air AMERICA/ JONES NETWORK,AND JUDGE FOR YOURSELF WHICH SIDE IS MORE FACT BASED.Yes both are slanted and thats fine ,you can have your own oppinions ,but not your own facts,please do.thanks
cayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005   #15
No can do. I have a very low threshhold for whiners.
mescalimick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005   #16
Ah this is why I retired from the buzz for so long--not really. Working 80+ hours a week doesn't leave much time for boating, heaven forbid discussing politics that I am not as educated on as I used to be.
Now if we really wanted to start a thread those of us in Colorado could discuss ref C and D but I won't even bother with that.
Cayo, if you've got enough time to investigate, read and educate yourself about conspiracy theories regarding voting machines in Ohio then my suggestion would be to put that same energy into going back to school or getting a second job or whatever so you can donate more of your time and money to a good cause and better the world that you irrationally think has been flushed down the toilet by one man. Lastly, the UFO statement was never personal so there was no reason to answer back with something personal about my belief in religion. If you took a college English course (maybe you did and fell to error) you learned of the folleys of debate--drawing personal statements from a non-personal matter that is off the subject.
I enjoyed double-a-ron's quotes as I always do and a good portion of them show what a bunch of monkeys politicians can be. But, I suspect if soemone followed you around constantly and then gathered your quotes (maybe out of text) we could find some interesting things that you might have said also. Just a different light to see things in. One liner quotes to me are like the National Enquirer of debate b/c, let's be honest, you can make anyone say whatever you want (although some of those are quite inexcusable--and again I'm not a real fan of politicians as a whole, they all like to spend money they didn't work for and as one of your quotes points out think that they are above everyone else). But don't kid yourself, democrats belong right up that alley also.
The one quote that always troubles is the one about guns. I really don't understand it. There are many things in this world that cause trauma to people. Knives, guns CARS. I was just in a trauma at DG where a man had been shot four times but being int he business we see a hell of a lot more blunt trauma from car accidents than gunshot incidents. So, why do you pick guns to try and regulate--or is that just first. Is it gunds first and then you'll force everyone to take public transportation because that kills how many more thousands of people/yr than guns do. Both are operator dependent. The gun does not jump out and shoot someone just as the cars and motorcycles do not go 100+ MPH and knock a family of four into oncoming traffic. And if we really want to get serious, why don't I hear a huge outcry about bringing back prohibition. Again, I--not you--I see the families that are killed by bastards that go out and drink to much and kill families when they get behind the wheel, and the FACTS are that those numbers are staggering when compared to the number of deaths caused by missile trauma in the US. Why don't I hear the bleeding heart liberals on the news and this website crying foul and saying that we should be stricter--to the point of outlawing ETOH. No, because it's politics and you are all victims of propaganda. Tradgedies such as Columbine are horrible, absolutely horrible but they pale in comparison to the tradgedies that occur every Fri and Sat night down at Denver Health. It's all about the politics and none of it is about the people being shot.
medman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005   #17
GWS, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1992
I confess I did not read your whole post (second post that is), however i take issue with your representation that you work 80 hour weeks. I call Bull Shit. You, as well as every other physician I am aquainted with (one of which you are not) do not work 80 hour weeks. Shit it is hard enough for most of you to work 20 hours and cover your call shifts.
Mut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005   #18
Mut--you're comment is pathetic. If I see tomorrow that anyone else agrees with you then I'll explain it to your dumb ass--seriously man. Go call your mother or a friend like on that show and figure it out.
medman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005   #19
ski/kayak bum
the one liners were for laughs...not debate. if i wanted to debate about tom delay i would start with insider trading and many of the other "policies" or thefts the corporatocracy commits on a daily basis....

double-a-ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005   #20
ski/kayak bum
P.S. doesnt DG mainly run on tax'd the tax cuts help you save lives....maybe thats why you're working 80+ hours a week....does 80+ hours a week help you provide the best health care?

double-a-ron is offline   Reply With Quote