OT ESPN on the SEC Go Dawgs - Page 36 - Mountain Buzz

Old 11-14-2006   #351

Lyons, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
Send a message via AIM to erdvm1
Tra Battle did play great but even more importantly Ray Gant on the first play the Georgia Defense played came out and litterly punched Cox in the Mouth as he sacked him. That set the tone and was followed up by a large amount of push from the defensive line and more sacks by Quentin Moses and Gant along with others. Tra Battle was the benficiary. Hogs are playing Great. McFadden will probably get the Heisman....especially if I could vote. Bottom line is there have been 5 SEC teams in the top 25 all year. If we can carry our momentum into the Ga Tech game (in two weeks) The year may end with 6 SEC teams in the top 25 and Possibly Florida winning a national championship. Once again proving my original point of this thread (See Title) Where have all the other people gone. This just a bunch of SEC folks bragging about hard it is to play in the SEC!!!!!
Yea!!

erdvm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006   #352

Lyons, Colorado
If you wanna laugh re-read the 1st page of this thread!
Old 11-15-2006   #353

Bugtussle, Kentucky
All this SEC love makes me tingly. Go Cats!

I hope some of you are bball fans. SEC is gonna pick up where they left off last season.

How many of you southern folk miss being back home rooting for your team during the season? I might be the only Kentucky fan in Grand Junction. It's so lonely out here...
bjett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006   #354

the fort, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
i really miss the south in the fall when college football is going hard and basketball season is starting up. i hope the razorback basketball team will show a bit of resurgence this year and maybe get a little closer to their winning ways of the past.

the basketball season could be interesting this year. looks like there are some new faces in there along with some familiar ones.

now back to football....
Old 11-15-2006   #355

salida, Colorado
erdvm::::....ok i'll give it up the SEC is the strongest conference, didnt really take much to convince me from the begining but if i agreed maybe we wouldnt had such a long thread....the Big Ten held its own as they do every year...
Easy on Fla wining anything.... the National Champ will go to MI in my opinion....I hope anyone but Troy Smith wins the heisman, hate them buckeyes....
PSU will finish strong and make some half-ass bowl game but its well deserved
sorry for the spelling i smashed my hnd climbing this past weekend...just at the start of ther snow season
good luck and it hurst to cheer foe MI, but lets go big blue
good luck to ya all
psu96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006   #356

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
I am a CAT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjett

How many of you southern folk miss being back home rooting for your team during the season? I might be the only Kentucky fan in Grand Junction. It's so lonely out here...
I like it here in boulder with the skiing, mountain biking, a cyclocross series where I can ride to most of the races from my house and all the other cool stuff. But I sure do miss Southern Appalachia. Going only a short drive and being out in the backwoods and not seeing a damn soul all day long. The bio diversity is just off the chart with all the hardwoods and other vegetation. But where I grew up there are a bunch fckd up attitudes about a lot of stuff I care about and it bums me out. My wife is from their as well and I don't know if she will ever go back.

Dog Slaughter (below) Dan Boone Forest, is Just spitting distance from the house. Spent many a day as a kid wandering around in these woods. No crowds here

Old 11-15-2006   #357

the fort, Colorado
after living in colorado and exploring only a few of its nooks and crannies, i will never move back to the south. neither will my wife.
Old 11-15-2006   #358

Lyons, Colorado
My wife and I have discussed having a Sotherners only Pot Luck......We live close to a few Southerners and have a couple of close friends that live on the FR that I knew from school. Maybe we could follow through with this in Jan or Feb? My wife has some school obligations that will preclude this from happening before the end of the year. We could have all you over in your School garb. All the great Southern Hospitality, food and traditions in a place that we all obviously love. Would you guys be up for a trip to Lyons??
BBQ (vinegar based) collards, corn bread, bread puddin, real Mac -n - cheese, Sweet Tea...........Fried Chicken...I'm getting worked up
Old 11-15-2006   #359
JBL

Gnarnia, Colorado
I love the Southern Apps. I've been all over them on foot and in boats. I love the Rockies and could be a lifer but will always have a special place in my heart for the Smokies, Black Mtns, Mt. Rogers/Grayson Highlands, etc. Those huge hardwood and white pine forest are a sight to behold.

Now as for the Southern night, I'm in for sure. Add to the list:

Fried Okra
Fried Catfish
Cucumber and Onion (in white vinegar)
Mashed Potatoes
Sliced Tomato
Pecan Pie
Cheese Grit Casserole
Fried Potato Pies
Fried Green Tomatoes
Country Ham
Buttermilk Biscuits

GO VOLS!
JBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006   #360

the fort, Colorado
definitely would be in for a good southern food get together with everyone. my wife and i talk about how we miss the food and flavors a lot. sounds like you guys have most of the good stuff covered food-wise. keep us informed of when you'd like to get together, and i'm sure we'd be in for coming down to lyons to meet up.

chris