Old 11-02-2006   #291
Gnarnia, Colorado
My predictions for the weekend:

(3) West Virginia at (5) Louisville - The Mountaineers will win this game and will finally prove something. Not sure what that is or will be but something will come out of this game. It will be nice to see what these two teams are made of.

Northwestern at Iowa - Iowa has this one. They are going to crush NW. End of story.

Ball State at (2) Michigan - I already feel for Ball State.

Penn State at (17) Wisconsin - I think that Penn State will play well but I think that WI will come out on top by a small margin.

(7) Florida at Vanderbilt - The Gators will crush Vandy cause there's no way the Doors can stop Tim Tebow. Just ain't no way.

Miss State at Alabama - Bama has got this one in the bag.

Georgia at Kentucky - "Kentucky isn't that good, and it struggled way too much in the win over Mississippi State, but Georgia is ripe to be tagged. If UK is +2 in turnover margin, it'll win the game. If Georgia hangs on to the ball, it'll come out with the W. Since UK is 14th in the nation in turnover margin and Georgia is 96th...." - From College Football News

Navy at Duke - Duke sucks and Navy will win for sure.

North Carolina at (11) Notre Dame - The Heels suck so bad this year it's not even funny. The will be a scrimmage for the Irish.

Arkansas State at (6) Auburn - Another scrimmage.

(13) L-S-U at (No. Tennessee - HOLY SHIT this is a BIG game for the VOLS. On paper, the VOLS should win. However, with a gimpy Eric Ainge and a hot LSU D, it could be a painful Saturday. One huge hit on Ainge and we're in serious fn trouble. Our back-up QB, Jonathan Crompton, scares the shit out of me. Last week he was put in when Ainge got banged up and what does he do? He calls an audible at the line of scrimmage, which made the ENTIRE coaching staff go balistic. Needless to say, a time out was called and Crompton was promptly called off the field. He's no Ainge but maybe he can hold his own if it comes down to that. Ultimately, I think it will come down to the team who makes the least mistakes. The other huge factor is that the VOLS beat LSU last year and the Tigers want revenge. But the VOLS have the home field advantage. How is LSU at the silent count? Better be damn good to play in front of 106,000 screaming fans a Neyland Stadium. Don't miss this one.

(1) Ohio State at Illinois - This will be just another day a the office for The Ohio State University.

(9) U-S-C at Stanford - Seeing as how Stanford is pitiful this year, this will be a very easy win for USC.

(16) Boston College at (22) Wake Forest - This could actually be a good game but in the end, BC will be the winner.

Oklahoma State at (4) Texas - The Horns have this one.

(12) Arkansas at So Carolina - Another great SEC match up. Spurrier and co. are pissed about the loss to the VOLS and need this win. If the Cocks can stop the Hogs run game (good luck), they'll have a chance. While I'm pretty sure I know who'll win, it would be nice to see So. Carolina pull it out becasue it would make the VOLS trip to Fayetville that much easier next week.

(23) Virginia Tech at Miami-Florida - The Hokies had better win this one.

(1 Oklahoma at (21) Texas A&M - OK has this one.

Good luck to all you kids and your teams.

JBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006   #292
Georgia Moonshine
Go LSU TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

that face just cracks me up, maybe b/c I am a cracker!!!!

Trout_Bobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006   #293
Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995

Having watched most of our games this season, I'm not considering ANY of our SEC games this year to be "in the bag." I'll also say that after needing 3 missed field goals to lose to Arky, hanging tough with UF for 3 Qs, & giving UT a real scare at Neyland, I think the Crimson Tide has a decent shot at beating LSU and Auburn ...if the stars are aligned...

Hopefully we'll be healthy after we "teach those Bulldogs to behave" and we'll give both sets of Tigers a tough time this year!

LSU and the Vols should have a good game in Knoxvegas. Geaux Tigers!

Man, I love SEC football! Only organized sport I follow...
Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006   #294
the fort, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
GO HOGS!!!!! I think the SC game will be a big test for the Hogs. Like I said last week I think they could possibly be looking past this game to our matchup with you next week. Let's hope not, because I want Spurrier to get cornholed two weeks in a row. Is the UT-LSU game televised? I'd like a chance to watch UT before next weekend. Haven't seen them more than 30 seconds this year.

By the waterside I will lay my head.
Listen to the river sing sweet songs to rock my soul.
the_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006   #295
Vail, Colorado
Dude: It is on CBS national coverage 3:30pm EST

Anyone click on the link on my pics post? Funny sh%t.
Steve Zizzou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006   #296
Summit, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Send a message via AIM to COUNT
That was pretty good. Thanks for that, Steve.

"The world would be a better place if everyone kayaked."-Brad Ludden (Valhalla)
"You only get one chance to run a drop blind."-DD
COUNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006   #297
the fort, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
Down go the Mountaineers! The plot just got a little more interesting.
By the waterside I will lay my head.
Listen to the river sing sweet songs to rock my soul.
the_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006   #298
Gnarnia, Colorado
The Dude is absolutely correct. The plot just thickened for sure. I thought the Mountaineers had it going into the game. A 78 pt game. Crazy! I have to say, I was impressed with Louisville, especially since they racked up 473 total yards. I just hadn't given them much credit.

However, all that said, either Michigan or Ohio would kill the Cards.

BTW - nice pic, Stevesie! Definitely some funny shiz.
JBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006   #299
salida, Colorado
boys boys have some faith in Dear Ole State, just messing I understand. Wisc has a well balanced offense and solid D it will be a game

The Vols will win only cuz their home

My upset pick is the Illinois nah, it's Washington over Oregon

VT and Wake roll

The "Juice" will give OSU a tough time but not in the scoreboard...

All FLA teams will lose but wont lose any FIGHTS!!!
Good Luck!!!
psu96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006   #300
Vail, Colorado
JBL: You picked the Mountaineers, oops! I picked the Cards, no way they were going to let the same thing happen to them as last year in their own house. The coach just wanted to keep racking up the points to avoid another embarassing come back like last year. Now we have a real sh%t show going on w/ the BCS polling system and what not. It will be interesting to see how everything plays out this weekend.

Steve Zizzou is offline   Reply With Quote