Old 09-15-2006   #11
salida, Colorado
Not saying PSU will go the distance, In the past I would say ND =overrated but not this year. They did beat us but we killed ourselves as well. JoePa has changed his ways look at our offense, 11-1 last year majority of coaches didn't come close to that..I know it was last year but can he still recruit...better believe it. So I guess you would say the same for Bowden...get your head out of your bong. Colorado football it horrible accross the state.

psu96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006   #12
Eagle County, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
The Buffs almost consistently have the toughest schedule in NCAA Div 1. That should make things fun for this season, watching them get murdered by every solid team out there. Buffs play the Dawgs in Athens in a few weeks. This should be hard from me, I grew up in GA, all my friends and family are UGA. Go Buffs! (yeah right!)

WhiteLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006   #13
Lyons, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
Send a message via AIM to erdvm1
Re The Buffs......You said they have one of the hardest schedules for a division 1 team did you mean 1 AA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
Go Dawgs!!!
Happiness is a way of travel not a destination
erdvm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006   #14
As a Buckeye fan I root for anyone playing Michigan...GO IRISH! In recent years the Irish have been very fortunate to get out of Michigan (hard to even say that word) with a win regardless which team they play.

Nothing would tickle me more than for ND to play the Buckeyes in the national championship.....different year, same result!
BillC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006   #15
You want to talk EASY schedules look at West Virginia! Is there a community college they didn't try to schedule? Sad part is that if they go undefeated they will be crying when they aren't included in the national championship game.....and a one loss team(s) is.
BillC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006   #16
Actually because of West Virginia's conference afiliation if they go undefeated they automatically get into a BCS Bowl game, even if they are playing a soft schedule. Next CU hasn't played a real tough schedule for years. They might have a couple of tough games, but with Montana State on the schedule, who by the way was beaten by Division II Chadron State last week in Bozeman, they aren't even close to having the toughest schedule. Mostly because the Big 12 North is a soft level of football.
brokenpaddlejon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006   #17
Wow, I know kayaking season is over, but football??? I thought that was just for couch potatoes who don't have a life. Can't you find real stuff to get excited about?
stof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006   #18
salida, Colorado
MONTANA STATE!!! Have you seen the other thread about how fast chairlifts go, thats exciting Bill you should want Michagan to win to boost your strength of schedule esp. when PSU beats them but hey I have a hard time rooting for the lame Buckeyes...thats a weed right?
psu96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006   #19
Gnarnia, Colorado
I'm talking about any VOL team, Lady Vols included.

Duke is NOT in the SEC and they suck. ACC sports on the whole suck for that matter, except for basketball of course.

Are you saying that Cali, ranked #9, was not a respectable team for the VOLS to crush on week one of the season?? You can't be serious.

The VOLS may not win the national championship this year but no one can deny the football dynasty at Tennessee.

The Volunteers, under Fulmer, have 128 wins against only 37 loses for a winning percentage of .776. No active coach with at least a decade in Division I-A has such a high victory rate.

And speaking of the last 10 years, Tennessee under Fulmer is the winningest team in the SEC during that span with a 95-30 (.760) mark.

Florida is next among league leaders with 93 wins, followed by Georgia at 92, LSU 85 and Auburn 81.

You can talk all you want about the Big 10 but before long we'll see who's on top.

Lastly, paddlers can and do love football. Nothing wrong with that.

JBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006   #20
Avon, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1997
Easy on the ACC

JBL.....ACC has way better overall sports than the SEC or any other conference.

Football (i'll give you second best). Basketball (1st), Baseball (1st), Soccer (1st), Lacrosse (1st), Track (1st).

This year the Offense is a little down...but them defenses are nasty fast.

Please do not mention Football and Duke in the same don't see me bringing up Vanderbilt.

ENDOMADNESS is offline   Reply With Quote