Old 09-26-2006   #111
Vail, Colorado
erdvm: Heck yeah they looked like a$$, battle mountain high school B team could have taken them last week. hopefully they will get some momentum back in their step and prove they should be ranked as high as they are....... no need to hear "overrated" chanted at the next game.

The HAWKEYES take on #1 Ohio State this weekend for a classic double ranked Big Ten game. I do hope the boys can hold on and knock those a$$ bags off their high horse. Problem is their strengh, going long to Ginn jr. is the Hawks weakness, our D-backs are pretty short and slow. We will see, IOWA Win means everyone moves up and we will have momentum against the Michigan tamberines.... Go Hawks.

This post wasn't nessesary but this thread seemed to be moving too far down the totem pole. Good luck to everyone this coming weekend.

Steve Zizzou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006   #112
Gnarnia, Colorado
Only 2 more days til more college football action. Should be another great weekend.

JBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006   #113
Vail, Colorado
Okay, JBL is right only 2 more days until college football satruday and considering I am not working tomorrow and won't be stiing in front of a computer all day chit-chatting w/ you cats I have to make a post here. Any predictions for the weekend???

1. Iowa will show Ohio State just what our corn fed a$$e$ can do on the football field and pull out a win in a very close mid-scoring game (not bias or anything). GO HAWKEYES!!!

2. Virginia Tech will beat Georgia Tech knocking them out of the top 25 as they rack up the score board. Go VT

3. Michigan will beat the "leather cheerio" out of Minnisota even though Minn is coming off a solid loss and will want revenge on who ever they play in the BIG TEN. Go- Nobody!!

4. Purdue, not having done anything this year or many years in the past, will hand it to the fighing irish jsut because they are WAAAY overrated and should have lost last week as well. The luck of the irish is running out and the boys of Purdue are going to hand it to them and celebrate w/ some Boilermakers (sp). Go Purdue.

erdvm: Who are the dawgs playing

Who is Penn state playing? Good luck everyong!!
Steve Zizzou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006   #114
salida, Colorado
We got NorthWestern, then MN hopefully we work out any kinks before Big Blue comes to town.
I got Bama giving FLA a tough game, and ASu beating them cheatin Ducks

and ofcourse the HAWKS whooping OSU
psu96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006   #115
Lyons, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1991
BillC, what the hell are you talking about. OSU did not play well???? Hell they played the best they could have! It was a freakin defensive battle! As for PSU vs NW. They better kick their butts this weekend if they want a bowl and Joepa better get a Groover for the sidelines so he does not miss the game again!

I am going out on a limb here, but I am predicting CU will win the Big 12 North. They are making huge leaps in improvement and gave GA more than they could handle. Why they where down right dominating for the first 3 1/2 qtrs. There defense is very good and well their offense is looking better. Neb does not look all that great either!
Arn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006   #116
The Mont, Colorado
Thanks Arn

Got your football schedule in the mail yesterday. When or where did you have that photo taken? Glamour Shots??

Let's go Hoosiers
Bobby Whitit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006   #117
Arn, the first half was sloppy! As for the Hawkeyes....this is the 9th time they have played a team ranked #1 and they are 0-7-1 and 0-3 in those games at home. Iowa has a good team and anything can happen, but they need to play a whole lot better than they did against Syracuse!
BillC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006   #118
Lyons, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
Send a message via AIM to erdvm1
Mississippi............Thank goodness. We've got some serious issues to work out. Let's get the "W" then on to bigger and better opponents (Ie Tenn/FLA?Auburn..........
CU did a great job exploiting one of our weaknesses.......They just kept throwing to the flat and gaining. They pretty much ran the bootleg every play and we did not adjust. I hope the coaching staff does a better job for us this week. Or I'll have to go down a have a talk with them.
Go Dawgs!!!
Happiness is a way of travel not a destination
erdvm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006   #119
Gnarnia, Colorado
God I love Steve-Z's commitment to this thread. I'm thinking MVP nod or at least a gold star for effort.

I hope Bama gives it to the Gators. I f-ing hate the Gators. I can't believe that I'm even spelling it with a capitol "G"...

I'm sure the Dawgs will win but they'd better step it up - The VOLS are coming to Athens Oct. 7!! Yeah baby.

I'd definitely like to see VT manhandle GT. Go Hokies!

Not sure about CU winning anything. The did play very tough against UGA but they might have blown their wad on that one game. Should be interesting to see how their QB progresses. He's definitely playing better every week.

And, let's not forget Auburn at South Carolina tonight. I'm sure the War Eagles will mop the urinals with the Gamecocks but you never know what SC will pull out for this game.

I love college football! Good luck to all you fans, regardless of your team, involved in this thread.

JBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006   #120
Team America-The Ohio State University will kick the undigestd corn out of your Iowa Arse, Steve. Sorry, you are MVP of this tread but the cornholios are going DOWN! If you want to get together to drink away your misery or lay a small wager-I'm game. DIRKA, DIRKA, DIRKA You boys have seen the movie Team America haven't you?

"any man who would trade freedom for security, deserves neither freedom nor security" Thomas Jefferson
teamamericawp is offline   Reply With Quote