What a thing of beauty to see the Tide roll last night. Still hoarse from yelling, and damn, I just loved being able to sing "Hey Gators!..." at the end of the game. Here's what I liked about the what I saw last night:
- Total domination from the first play until McElroy took a knee,
- putting up 490 total yds on the nation's top defense,
- controlling the ball for almost 40 minutes of TOP
- Tebow getting picked off by Javier Arenas in the end zone to seal the deal
- Mark Ingram, Trent Richardson, and Roy Upchurch ripping off 5 & 10 yd runs at a time through UF's top ranked D
- Seeing Saint Tebow getting manhandled, scrambling in the pocket or getting stuffed by Bama's highly disciplined Defense
- no questionable officiating calls,
- no injuries,
- one penalty for 5 yds (only 1 holding call on Bama's OL in last 6 games)
Looking forward to meeting the Steers in Pasadena. Who knows - maybe Bama's D is even better than the Cornhusker's...
Bama is 0-7-1 against the Longhorns - its time for revenge from the deep past. Like the fight song goes,
"Remember the Rose Bowl we'll win then!"
(yeah, it ain't going to be the actual Rose Bowl, but its still the same place where the Tide came to national prominence with their first MNC in 1926...)
You can watch the entire SECCG game here online