Old 09-03-2009   #1081
Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Enough squeaking about that pansy conference up in Yankee Land...

Here's something back on topic (ahem, that's SEC football in case you can't read the title of this thread)

While Leonard's Losers is no more, Here's a try at reviving the artform (From BAMADOG.COM - YOUR Alabama Sports Page):

In a time-honored tradition, I will pay tribute to the man I listened to when I was young, Leonard Anthony Postero, Sr., affectionately known as Leonard Postosties, who until 1999 aired a short radio show each week called Leonard's Losers. He retired in 1999 and passed on in 2001, and in his memory, I've kept the losers going, but only for the SEC. Let me take one of his little smart pills and in alphabetical order pick the losers for this week in true Leonard style.

Alabama vs. Va. Tech
The Hokie Birds are flying South to Hotlanta to take on the pachyderms from Tuscaloosa. There's already a lot of squawking going on that they can handle these Bama beasts, but I ain't too sure they can. An angry elephant that has a lot to prove after his last two outings seems like more of a match for whatever a Hokie Bird is, so in the end the Tide will find dining on Hokie Bird beats eating crow any day.
Larry's loser: Va. Tech

Arkansas vs. Missouri State
The Hogs from Arkansas have Bears roaming in the pen this Sat'day from Missouri State. Bobby Petrino's piggies are supposed to have a hurler this year that can down a Bear or two. The bewildered Bears are gonna learn better than to stumble in a hungry hog pen looking for an easy meal as they become the entree of the day in Little Rock.
Larry's loser: Missouri State

Auburn vs. Louisiana Tech
Bulldogs from the swamps of Louisiana Tech are comin' up to Jordan-Hare Stadium to mark their territory and show they can beat ANY team from Alabama. Gene Chizik is looking to increase his winning total to six and 15 with this game. Though these may not be cool cats they once were, their claws are still sharp enough to send these puppies home hollerin' for mama.
Larry's loser: Louisiana Tech

Florida vs. Charleston Southern
The Gators are entertaining the boys from Charleston Southern this weekend because the Betty Crocker Culinary Academy couldn't get enough players up to send. Why the league allows these massacres is beyond my smart pill machine.
Larry's loser: What's their name

Georgia Bulldogs vs. Oklahoma State
Athens done left the gate open and the dogs wandered off again. A group of Cowboys from Oklahoma State will round 'em up and put 'em in the dog pound, or so they think. This is a game of flash and dash meets smash and crash, and after a lot of awful hollerin' and barking, the final sound is a crash and the dogs escape the lasso.
Larry's loser: Oklahoma State

Kentucky vs. Miami (the Yankee variety)
The Kentucky Kitties go north to face the Red Hawks from Miami, Ohio that is. These kitties have gotten used to bowling under head coach Rich Brooks, and this game will be a step toward another one. These Hawks are red all right, from all the biting and scratching they're gonna get.
Larry's loser: Miami

LSU vs. Washington
The Bayou Bengals travel up north to face one of the worst teams in all of football last year. These Huskies couldn't pull a sled full of feather pillows, much less fight these boys of Les Miles. This fight will be so tame the dogs will never leave a mark on the Tigers, but they may give them fleas.
Larry's loser: Washington

Ole Miss at Memphis
Houston's gone nuts over this new gunslinging rebel Jevan Snead, and he's taking him on a little tune-up run up the river against the Memphis Tigers. The media sure loves this bunch of rowdy rebels, and they'll look like they deserve it in this Tiger hunt.
Larry's loser: Memphis

Mississippi State vs. Jackson State
These dogs from Mississippi have been known as the Starkville Stinkies for a while now. Not because they couldn't defend their turf, but because they're all bark and no bite on offense. Now the head dog trainer is Dan Mullen, and we'll see that you can teach an old dog new tricks.
Larry's loser: Jackson State

South Carolina at North Carolina
Steve Spurrier brings the chicken coop to North Carolina thinking this could be the year they aren't so plucking pitiful. But them boys with Tar Heels scrape enough off'a they feet to melt a little of it down to send them birds back home tarred and feathered.
Larry's loser: South Carolina

Tennessee vs. Western Kentucky
At the end of this game the winner will be singing about Hilltoppers no matter who wins. These Rocky Toppers play the Hilltoppers for braggin' rights among the hillbillies.
Lane Kiffin is trying mighty hard to get the aim of these Volunteers' vollies to be a little more on target this season and raise his 33-and-one-third winning percentage as a head coach. If he keeps his powder dry, he should outduel these other hill people. After all, these ain't the real McCoys.
Larry's loser: Western Kentucky

Vanderbilt vs. Western Carolina
I'm glad this ain't a road game 'cause I still can't find Western Carolina on my AAA Club map, but that's OK because Western Carolina can't find the end zone either, at least not against this version of Vandy. The Commodores look to sail right into their second consecutive bowl game in a row since any of us were alive.
If it were North, South, or East Carolina there may be trouble, but this Western bunch of Cats is all meow and no scratch.
Larry's loser: Western Carolina

Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009   #1082
Lyons, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
Send a message via AIM to erdvm1
I will say that most of the SEC teams look pretty or really good except for one team close to my heart. What a let down by the dogs. People will be getting fired after this season. Next week is likely to have a similar out come.

Go Dawgs!!!
Happiness is a way of travel not a destination
erdvm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009   #1083
Gnarnia, Colorado
Didn't see the GA game but the score certainly wasn't what I expected. I always hate seeing an SEC team go down to anyone, much less a big 12 team.

I was, nor am, too sure about the VOLS this year, and have braced myself for a mediocre season. However, we did look pretty good in that scrimmage last weekend. Hope we can play like that in the UCLA game.

It's payback time.
JBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009   #1084
Jenks, Oklahoma
Cowboys over Dogs

As a Ga Tech grad, now living in Okieland since mid '70's, I was afraid the Cowboys would get the Dog Bite put on big time.

Big smiles when the game ended and the Dog's had to make a long trip back to Athens in what must have been an awfully quiet airplane. Maybe a little whine or two.
okieboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009   #1085
Mr. Compassionate, watched the game, Ohio-State, had it in hand until the end of the game, SOB.

Watch out for that young Q-B from Michigan, he's got a game.
Dont think Michigan's defense will hold up....
Biggest game ever, Ohio vrrs Mich.
Palo Duro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009   #1086
the fort, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
hawgs vs. the dawgs this weekend. should be a good one. wish i was gonna be in the stands in fayetteville for this one.
By the waterside I will lay my head.
Listen to the river sing sweet songs to rock my soul.
the_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009   #1087
Unincorporated Douglas County, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
I'm going to be in the Big Easy on Oct. 10th. Anybody got extra tickets for the game up the road?
Karma is like this: If we set causes in motion the effects come back to us.
rwhyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009   #1088
Lyons, Colorado
The Dawgs are very unstable. I hope we make it a game. We'll see.
Go Dawgs!!!
Old 09-18-2009   #1089
Vail, Colorado
ERDVM: What the heck is going on with the state of Georgia? I thought Tech would step it up a little more. I feel you.

Boise St v. Fresno St. No comp here. When you play on a blue field nothing can stop you. Boise St have become a force in college football. Little fact, the reason why the field is blue is because it is in the migration path of birds and they use to stop on the field and crap all over it. Now that it is blue they think its a body of water and don't crap on it anymore.....

California v. Minn I am a big ten fan but the bears are gonig take those gopher and wipe their a$$ with them.

E. Michgan v. Michigan Come on E. Michigan, whow that frosh Tate that was a lucky game and put him out for the season.... down with blue!

Tenn V. Florida The swamp is a tough place to play....JBL, your boys have their hands full on this one. I think Florida will win but I am pullin for the Vols in a HUGE upset.... GO Vols!

Nebraska v. V - Tech Cornsuckers lick balls! Lets go V-Tech.

Wyoming V. Coloraod Come on Buffs, this is not a way to start a season. I am planning on hitting up the Texas AM game V Colorado but not if they start winning... it is sad. .

Michigan St V. Notre Dame GO BIG TEN! The irish can't play ball... only drink!!

Arizona V. IOWA!!!!!!! We haven't played anyone tough yet and barely won agianst UNI. The Hawks will stomp this weekend and prep for a nightmare in Happy Valley V. Penn St. We are ramping up and will be ready!! GO HAWKEYES!

Looking forward to a good weekend of football on the new 54" in HD. Good luck in your games boys!!!

Note: Saturday is "National Talk LIke A Pirate Day"..... arrrrgh

Steve - O
"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"~Gandhi
Steve Zizzou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009   #1090
Lyons, Colorado
Steve, good to hear from ya
The Dawgs are hurting........ We're gradually improving but we've got a long way to go.
I haven't really watched a bunch of football but Miami is looking strong and so is Florida. Even though it pains me to say those words.
Michigan will WIN hands down
Mich State will also WIN
Auburn will win
That's all I got

Go Dawgs!!!